Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: http://www.farmersonly.com is a p...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Stephanie-450440 said:

http://www.farmersonly.com is a paid site for rural folks that tells you right on each profile whether the member is premium (paying) or standard (free to view but not communicate).

I only just heard about that site over this past weekend.. I don't have anything at all against farmers, but I've discovered I'm a town girl and don't have any interest in being a farmers wife... Match.Com doesn't even tell you who has browsed you and E-Harmony sends you matches that aren't paid..That's more what I was referring to.

--hide--

Donna
I have never been on Match or E-Harmony!
You say E-Harmony sends you matches that aren't paid-- glad to know that!
Does this site also send matches that aren't paid?
I really don't know but wondering!

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: DonnaI have never been on Match or E-Harmony! You say E-Harmony sends you matches t...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Donna
I have never been on Match or E-Harmony!
You say E-Harmony sends you matches that aren't paid-- glad to know that!
Does this site also send matches that aren't paid?
I really don't know but wondering!

--hide--

All of them send matches that aren't paid members.. The hope is that when someone who is not paid gets an email they can't read they will pay for the privelege to read it. When I was first here emotes could be read, I can't remember about emails..Anyway a lot of people were circumventing the system by the paid member sending an off site email addy..

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: All of them send matches that aren't paid members.. The hope is ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

All of them send matches that aren't paid members.. The hope is that when someone who is not paid gets an email they can't read they will pay for the privelege to read it. When I was first here emotes could be read, I can't remember about emails..Anyway a lot of people were circumventing the system by the paid member sending an off site email addy..

--hide--

When I helped a guy friend with his profile on Christian Mingle, I looked around after I finished. One of the ways they "encouraged unpaids to join" was to have a limited way to communicte with paid members, but Not by writing/messaging. It is a system of SMILES, SPARKS and CARDS ( they drop down with additional info)! There are tons of smiles with different answers to pick from. Then the sparks are interesting questions with 4 answers to select. A really great card selection( preworded of course) If your a paid member you can add a personal message.. Since you have the opportunity to communicate in this way ,you can "get interested enough" that after a while you Will want to be able to actually TALK to the paid menber of interest and therefore JOIN.---it works!

I wish Adm would at least GO LOOK, its not like other sites don't look to see what each is doing!.
Since someone else brought up the subject of unpaids, I wanted to give this valid suggestion to "help build membership" on OUR site!

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: When I helped a guy friend with his profile on Christian Mingle, I looked around after ...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

When I helped a guy friend with his profile on Christian Mingle, I looked around after I finished. One of the ways they "encouraged unpaids to join" was to have a limited way to communicte with paid members, but Not by writing/messaging. It is a system of SMILES, SPARKS and CARDS ( they drop down with additional info)! There are tons of smiles with different answers to pick from. Then the sparks are interesting questions with 4 answers to select. A really great card selection( preworded of course) If your a paid member you can add a personal message.. Since you have the opportunity to communicate in this way ,you can "get interested enough" that after a while you Will want to be able to actually TALK to the paid menber of interest and therefore JOIN.---it works!

I wish Adm would at least GO LOOK, its not like other sites don't look to see what each is doing!.
Since someone else brought up the subject of unpaids, I wanted to give this valid suggestion to "help build membership" on OUR site!

--hide--

We do look ALL THE time not only at other dating sites but other types of social media and communication sites. All of the things you mention we generally have except that our emotigrams do not have different canned responses. Our interview however allows people to answer questions to see if there is interest. That being said we are never satisfied but given that we are a small company we can only do so much so fact but we always want ot improve the site and improve the ability for people to meet and communicate through our site. We watch site activty stats daily!

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: I've learned that some people don't feel the need to buy a membership if they aren'...
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said:

I've learned that some people don't feel the need to buy a membership if they aren't receiving contact. If others know they don't have a membership, this contact, that may otherwise convince them to get one, may never happen. So it's probably best if it isn't obvious. Even if it is rather frustrating at times.

--hide--

This is exactly the case and we have had numerous couples get married as a result of one member sending another member a message and thus one of them paid in order to communicate. It happens all the time. Some people are pro-active and some people are re-active. Everyone is different.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: ...if CM indicated if a member you're trying to contact is a paying member and receiving your mess...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: ...if CM indicated if a member you're trying to contact is a paying member and receiving your messages? It would save so much time and investment if you knew not to put any stock into someone who won't see your message anyways. The site doesn't really work then.
--hide--
Enticement is the carrot that generates revenue on dating sites. You send a message to a non-paying member and that message hangs around in their inbox, tempting that member to pay for a full membership just so they can read your message. But if non-paying members are identified as much, you have no incentive to contact them and they would rarely (if ever) be enticed to pay for a full membership. Not criticizing the business model, just acknowledging the mechanics behind it.

Perhaps CM could institute a pay-per-message formula that would allow an interested member to reply to an email, but that seems unlikely given that CM, like all dating sites, target long term paid memberships to sustain their business model.

CM is still a relatively small site so free trial periods, such as those promoted periodically by e-harmony or match.com, is not a realistic alternative.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: Enticement is the carrot that generates revenue on dating sites. You send a message to a non-payin...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

Enticement is the carrot that generates revenue on dating sites. You send a message to a non-paying member and that message hangs around in their inbox, tempting that member to pay for a full membership just so they can read your message. But if non-paying members are identified as much, you have no incentive to contact them and they would rarely (if ever) be enticed to pay for a full membership. Not criticizing the business model, just acknowledging the mechanics behind it.

Perhaps CM could institute a pay-per-message formula that would allow an interested member to reply to an email, but that seems unlikely given that CM, like all dating sites, target long term paid memberships to sustain their business model.

CM is still a relatively small site so free trial periods, such as those promoted periodically by e-harmony or match.com, is not a realistic alternative.

--hide--

John:

We have considered a hybrid pay-per-message model and we may try to test some things this year. We do offer 3 Day free trials at different points with mixed success but we are not afraid to try things. In addtion to the pay per message experiement we likely will try some "payment plan" offers so that it for someone who really want to pay monthly say $8-9 a month but is willing to commit to a certain period 6-12 months it may help some people out as well. Right now however we are focused on mobile issues because out hope is that in the next few months any member can use CM on desktop/tablet/phone in a seamless way without missing an features. It is as you can imagine a huge undertaking for our small staff.

Feb 14th 2013 new

Let me suggest a possible solution. Now, when a message is sent we get a little popup stating something like 'your message was successfully sent'. From a coding standpoint it would be easy to modify the auto-response to indicate membership status:
'your message was successfully sent. Mary-123456 is not currently a CM member.'

Feb 14th 2013 new

Thanks John we have considered this as well but there are unintended consequences with this as well.

Feb 14th 2013 new

We are also looking at ways where you can "upgrade" a message which would give it different qualities such as allowing the other person to read and respond no matter what their subscription and these upgrades could be earned or purchased. Again these types of things have to be thought through really clearly ans they are not simple to implament but we want to do things that makes our site more engaging and of course provides more value for members.

Posts 11 - 20 of 28