Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Anybody else concerned about the fact that there are so many Catholic Churches out there without kneelers, where the Tabernacle is placed anywere beside the center of the altar and genuflection is becoming a thing of the past?

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marysia-253828 said: Anybody else concerned about the fact that there are so many Catholic Churches out there withou...
(Quote) Marysia-253828 said:

Anybody else concerned about the fact that there are so many Catholic Churches out there without kneelers, where the Tabernacle is placed anywere beside the center of the altar and genuflection is becoming a thing of the past?

--hide--
This was all done by Clergy who want to fundamentally transform everything.

Feb 13th 2013 new

Yes, I think there are many people concerned about that. It's becoming very difficult to find a home parish. I've lived in several metro areas, and there is usually 1 or at most 2 churches in each metro area that offer a beautiful, reverent Mass where you can truly feel that the priest and the congregation are taking the Mass seriously and are not just there to fulfill their Sunday obligation.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: This was all done by Clergy who want to fundamentally transform everything.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

This was all done by Clergy who want to fundamentally transform everything.

--hide--

You forgot to add, " in the spiritof Vatican II." at the end of your sentence.

Of course, these changes had nothing to do with Vatican II as a readimng of its documents would disclose.

Feb 13th 2013 new

Its a reflection of our modern life where the idea of anything being sacred is eroding.

If churches would really cultivate reverence and holiness people would be drawn to church. People are craving for the transcendant even if they don't know it.

Feb 13th 2013 new

My favorite churches are traditional with a cruciform layout, seven domes, a crucifix above the altar, statues/images of the Blessed Mother and saints, and stations of the cross properly spaced throughout the nave.

But they are getting harder to find

Feb 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: Yes, I think there are many people concerned about that. It's becoming very difficult to find a home parish. ...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

Yes, I think there are many people concerned about that. It's becoming very difficult to find a home parish. I've lived in several metro areas, and there is usually 1 or at most 2 churches in each metro area that offer a beautiful, reverent Mass where you can truly feel that the priest and the congregation are taking the Mass seriously and are not just there to fulfill their Sunday obligation.

--hide--

Have you tried any Traditional Latin Masses in San Diego? I know of a very good one, if your are interested.
Feb 14th 2013 new
(Quote) John-146319 said: My favorite churches are traditional with a cruciform layout, seven domes, a crucifix above the altar, statues/i...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

My favorite churches are traditional with a cruciform layout, seven domes, a crucifix above the altar, statues/images of the Blessed Mother and saints, and stations of the cross properly spaced throughout the nave.

But they are getting harder to find

--hide--

Me too! Pretty churches in San Diego:

St. Bridget,

Immaculata,

Chapel of the Roses

I know that I am old-fashioned in this respect, but I like to see people dressed up at mass. There have been times when I have shown up in jeans, and thought to myself that had I not been able to dress down on a particular day, probably I wouldn't have felt good enough to go to mass at all.
Feb 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: Its a reflection of our modern life where the idea of anything being sacred is eroding. If chur...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

Its a reflection of our modern life where the idea of anything being sacred is eroding.

If churches would really cultivate reverence and holiness people would be drawn to church. People are craving for the transcendant even if they don't know it.

--hide--

I agree, TOTALLY (as we say in CA)! laughing It has to do with eroding manners, that work their way into our interactions with others. It's almost as if we now do not value face-to-face interaction anymore, as electronic interactions are more efficient, less time-consuming, and less expensive! I know people who refuse emailed cards.
Feb 14th 2013 new

This man has been proclaimed as a potential new Pope:

www.novusordowatch.org

I hope that he has had a change in opinion about his headwear and how he approaches the Mass? Is this a moment that he regrets? I hope so. There are many forums to make jokes outside of the Catholic Mass.

Posts 1 - 10 of 84