Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 13th 2013 new

Barbara, I didn't actually count;but, I would say that it seems pretty evenly split between men and women. That's a good sign. before I posed the question a few days ago, I was sure that fewer people would move for a special person.
Mary

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: I would relocate!I wonder in general, Who does the most relocating, the man or ...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

I would relocate!

I wonder in general, Who does the most relocating, the man or the woman?

--hide--

I've known several men who have moved, but most of the marriages I know it was the woman who moved.. Most cases, her job was the more expendable.. I know several women who were able to realize the dream of being a homemaker after their move too..

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I've known several men who have moved, but most of the marriages I know it was th...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I've known several men who have moved, but most of the marriages I know it was the woman who moved.. Most cases, her job was the more expendable.. I know several women who were able to realize the dream of being a homemaker after their move too..

--hide--

What about the older group, where both are retired? Any differences?

Feb 13th 2013 new

[quote]Barbara-740721 said:

What about the older group, where both are retired? Any differences?

I'm guessing the deciding factor between 2 retirees on who is going to be the one to move would be who lives in the colder climate? If it's you, start packing your bags! laughing

Feb 13th 2013 new

I'm an only child of aging parents, and mom has multiple health issues and we don't have family nearby, so relocating for me is not an option.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that fo...
(Quote) Mary-637223 said:

As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that for the right person they would consider a long distance relationship. Then in answer to "Would you relocate?" the answer often is "I can't". Just curious, how many people actually would be willing to up-root and relocate? Just wondering.......

--hide--
I'm already planning on relocating some place warmer, so if he lives in a warm state that is a definite plus for him.

Feb 19th 2013 new

[quote]Brenda-444789 said:

[quote]Barbara-740721 said: What about the older group, where both are retired? Any differences?

I'm not yet retired, but my career is fairly flexible, and since I am an independent contractor, I am fairly mobile and could easily relocate. That said, I think as we get older we desire to be within a fairly easily traveled distance to our children. So, for both men and women I think that becomes a factor. In my heart, I would move anywhere for the man I loved. Pragmatically, it would give me pause. However, my search encompasses a broad area, and I rule nothing out.

Mar 12th 2013 new

God, Faith, Love, Commitment overrides the inconvenience of relocating.

Definitely yes if I do strike gold in my search as the paradise for two will be reserved

for us. The world is really small and accessible in today's global reach.

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: If one is offered a new and fabulous job opportunity, one would relocate in a split second.. So wh...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

If one is offered a new and fabulous job opportunity, one would relocate in a split second.. So why not for a new spouse?

--hide--

Unless that job opportunity is in Hawaii, I wouldn't move for a job. I first decide where I want to live, and then I look for work there. But I'm sure it depends on the person - some people are more career-minded than others.

Mar 12th 2013 new
Hi Michael. I appreciate what you are saying as I feel bound to stay near my parents at their vulnerable stage of life.
Posts 51 - 60 of 60