Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Thank you very much gerard. As a Catholic physician, your position on this matter ca...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Thank you very much gerard. As a Catholic physician, your position on this matter carries a lot of weight with me and (I hope) everyone else following this thread.

--hide--

Sorry!! Gerald, not gerard.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: By allaccounts, it has the same effect as Spanish Fly.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

By allaccounts, it has the same effect as Spanish Fly.

--hide--

Mate I HATE flies and cant speak Spanish, Have to just be a vector of disease then

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: My son had his checkup today, and this is the second time the doctor has talked to me about an HPV ...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

My son had his checkup today, and this is the second time the doctor has talked to me about an HPV vaccine for him. Most of you probably know that HPV is a sexually transmitted disease that increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. My son is only 12, and they are already recommending this type of thing! But my question is not really related to age. Do you think it's wise to vaccinate your teenager, be it at 12 or 17, against HPV? To me it seems like doing so is giving them an approval for pre-marital sex. It says, don't have sex, but let's get you vaccinated just in case you do. Thoughts?

--hide--

Lisa,

I didn't read all the other posts regarding this, sorry if it has already been mentioned. I don't think the shot condone's a license for sex. I think its up to the parents to explain to the children what the shot is to protect against and if you sat them down and explain that this is not a license to have sex and explain all the other risks of sex. I believe the shot is only available to the age of 26. It is to protect against 4 different strands of the HPV virus when there are 100's. 2 of which cause warts and 2 that cause cervical cancer. Since this disease is passed through skin to skin contact usually through sex but doesn't have to be, I would recommend getting the shot. HPV can be just transferred from just sharing a towel with someone.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: My son had his checkup today, and this is the second time the doctor has talked to me about an HPV ...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

My son had his checkup today, and this is the second time the doctor has talked to me about an HPV vaccine for him. Most of you probably know that HPV is a sexually transmitted disease that increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. My son is only 12, and they are already recommending this type of thing! But my question is not really related to age. Do you think it's wise to vaccinate your teenager, be it at 12 or 17, against HPV? To me it seems like doing so is giving them an approval for pre-marital sex. It says, don't have sex, but let's get you vaccinated just in case you do. Thoughts?

--hide--

Hmm.... to me, I wouldn't think it's a license for sex. Putting the child on the pill (like a relative wants to do with her daughter) is a license for sex. Twenty-six is the oldest age to be given this vaccine, so by the time I was offered it, I was too old. I remember that I went on a conference when I was around that age, and a lady there (whom I thought was 2 years older than me) was saying she got it. However, I know the oldest age is 26 because my obgyn was just mentioning it to me several months ago (she always forgets I'm older... lol). So, I'm assuming this lady had gotten vaccinated when it was new and probably just got in before the deadline.

I don't have kids, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean, if one saves herself/himself for marriage, who's to say that the person they waited for is a virgin. Possibly they regret their decisions, but they could still have HPV. I did have a classmate in college who had cervical cancer but this was around 2001-02 when you didn't really know it was linked sexually. I remember giving her a card and she said she was going to be okay. It was still scary, though.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I agree with you Katherine.. Just because vaccine is given doesn't mean that '...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I agree with you Katherine.. Just because vaccine is given doesn't mean that 'the child' has to know what the vaccine is for until they are able to maturely handle the information. We all want to believe that 'our child' isn't going to engage in premarital sex, but having raised 4 of them my answer would be 'Get your head out of the sand'.. Once they start the moment to protect them is gone.

--hide--

But it is possible, so I think it's nice to have high hopes. biggrin My mom has 4 kids, and 3 of of us 4 are virgins and abstaining until marriage. The other one only had 1 sexual partner, not that it excuses the premarital sex, but you get the point. I'm the youngest, too, so that gives you an idea of how long we've endured! I *think* my parents waited as well, but I've never asked. lol

Feb 10th 2013 new

John I was in a trial and when it failed I asked if it was going to be added to the list and they said it would not be mentioned...........

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Hmm.... to me, I wouldn't think it's a license for sex. Putting the ...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Hmm.... to me, I wouldn't think it's a license for sex. Putting the child on the pill (like a relative wants to do with her daughter) is a license for sex. Twenty-six is the oldest age to be given this vaccine, so by the time I was offered it, I was too old. I remember that I went on a conference when I was around that age, and a lady there (whom I thought was 2 years older than me) was saying she got it. However, I know the oldest age is 26 because my obgyn was just mentioning it to me several months ago (she always forgets I'm older... lol). So, I'm assuming this lady had gotten vaccinated when it was new and probably just got in before the deadline.

I don't have kids, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean, if one saves herself/himself for marriage, who's to say that the person they waited for is a virgin. Possibly they regret their decisions, but they could still have HPV. I did have a classmate in college who had cervical cancer but this was around 2001-02 when you didn't really know it was linked sexually. I remember giving her a card and she said she was going to be okay. It was still scary, though.

--hide--

But pill does violate the Churches teaching on the Sanctiy of Life, and DEFINATELY isn't safe its full of hormones and causes cancer, as well as spreads STDs due unprotected sex, which also violates Church teaching.

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: But it is possible, so I think it's nice to have high hopes. My mom has ...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

But it is possible, so I think it's nice to have high hopes. My mom has 4 kids, and 3 of of us 4 are virgins and abstaining until marriage. The other one only had 1 sexual partner, not that it excuses the premarital sex, but you get the point. I'm the youngest, too, so that gives you an idea of how long we've endured! I *think* my parents waited as well, but I've never asked. lol

--hide--

Tara thats cool. Nobody asks their parents I bet your parents never asked your Grandparents

Feb 14th 2013 new
I think the key is communication with your children. If they understand the purpose and Our perspective, it should not be viewed as license for Sex. Wish the doctor sent an email or something when appointments are scheduled so you can think about all the shots, etc that could come up during the visit so you an think about questions in advance. (Or prepare your kids who hate shots for how many they might get -- even if its just measles etc.)
Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

--hide--

Hi Lisa tell the doctor that the best vaccine to prevent HPV is shutting legs. Sex is a gift given to us by God and its only allowed inside legal matrimony even the Holy Scriptures testifiy it. So please catechise him.

Posts 121 - 130 of 166