Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

redalertpolitics.com

This looks like a good book. I know the election is over, but I think it's important to analyze what happened. The more I think about it, the more certain I am that the media is to blame for many of our problems in America these days. It's shocking how biased media is - the way they ignored the Benghazi story, are now silent about the war, spin the numbers so that the economy looks good. Voter fraud has been outright admitted in some precincts, yet somehow this is not important enough to make the news. Republicans are so afraid of being ripped apart by the media that sometimes it seems they have been beaten into submission. Fox News and talk radio have been demonized. Without the media backing Obama every step of the way, I don't see how he could have been reelected. Low-information voters only see snippets of the liberal media and base their vote accordingly. What they see is nothing but leftist propaganda.

This has been repeated over and over throughout history. Look at Commuist Cuba and China, Nazi Germany. When a political power gets ahold of the media, Katie bar the door. And it's not just the news media these days. Everything - even sports and commercials - seems to have a leftist spin. Additionally, our cultural institution have been claimed by leftists over the decades. Universities, museums, art, movies, music, public schools, and even some churches are feeding us liberal ideas all the time. I don't think we're ever going to accomplish much unless we start from the bottom up and take these institutions back. The questions is, how?

Another troubling point brought up in the article is how young people seem to care more about playing video games than growing up and getting a job. This certainly rings true in my generation. I can't count how many people I know who are more concerned with Hollywood than with what's really going on in the world around us. It seems that there's little shame in sitting around playing video games and living in your parents' basement these days. The stigma of government assistance has been largely removed, so why even get a job? All throughout the campaign, I just had this nagging feeling that many people don't even care about the economical situation. With the government taking care of you, why worry? Many liberals I know voted, then went right back to their online fantasy world. Very troubling.

Thoughts?

Feb 13th 2013 new

When today’s youth spends their time playing games and drinking Red Bull in their parents basements, they’re more prone to just focus on sound bites to get their information. Let’s see, last night during the SOTU address, Obama said, “The American people don't expect government to solve every problem," but then proceeded to offer a new government program to solve every problem, all while repeating, “Nothing I'm proposing tonight should increase our deficit by a single dime. It is not a bigger government we need, but a smarter government that sets priorities and invests in broad-based growth.”

- Not enough job creation? Have the feds set up 15 new ‘manufacturing hubs’ where business can get government advice.
- Create a ‘Fix-It-First’ plan to pay the unemployed to repair roads and bridges.
- Flawed education system, have the feds finance pre-school for ‘every child in America’.
- Not enough money to subsidize electric cars? Create a new energy trust funded by taxing oil and gas companies.
- Women don’t earn as much as men? Pass the Paycheck Fairness Act so government can unleash the trial lawyers to enforce equal pay.
- Climate change? Congress must now pass the Lieberman-McCain version of cap and trade that got shelved by his own party in 2010, or he'll enact executive orders for the EPA to do it.
- Stagnant wage growth? Raise the minimum wage to $9/hour and index it for inflation.

If you didn’t know how all that would impact the economy or how he wasn’t going to raise the deficit in order to do it, who wouldn’t go all in?

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: When today’s youth spends their time playing games and drinking Red Bull in their parents b...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

When today’s youth spends their time playing games and drinking Red Bull in their parents basements, they’re more prone to just focus on sound bites to get their information. Let’s see, last night during the SOTU address, Obama said, “The American people don't expect government to solve every problem," but then proceeded to offer a new government program to solve every problem, all while repeating, “Nothing I'm proposing tonight should increase our deficit by a single dime. It is not a bigger government we need, but a smarter government that sets priorities and invests in broad-based growth.”

- Not enough job creation? Have the feds set up 15 new ‘manufacturing hubs’ where business can get government advice.
- Create a ‘Fix-It-First’ plan to pay the unemployed to repair roads and bridges.
- Flawed education system, have the feds finance pre-school for ‘every child in America’.
- Not enough money to subsidize electric cars? Create a new energy trust funded by taxing oil and gas companies.
- Women don’t earn as much as men? Pass the Paycheck Fairness Act so government can unleash the trial lawyers to enforce equal pay.
- Climate change? Congress must now pass the Lieberman-McCain version of cap and trade that got shelved by his own party in 2010, or he'll enact executive orders for the EPA to do it.
- Stagnant wage growth? Raise the minimum wage to $9/hour and index it for inflation.

If you didn’t know how all that would impact the economy or how he wasn’t going to raise the deficit in order to do it, who wouldn’t go all in?

--hide--
What is really ironic is how many "slow" people will think "yea, tax those big oil co." and not realize that all that does is raise our prices and is really a tax on US. The rich can afford the gas prices and the really poor don't drive, so Obama's biggest middle class tax has been the way he has caused gas to go up. I can't figure out how the media could "ride" Bush when gas went up a little and ignore completely it trippling under Obumu.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said: redalertpolitics.com.
(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said:

redalertpolitics.com

This looks like a good book. I know the election is over, but I think it's important to analyze what happened. The more I think about it, the more certain I am that the media is to blame for many of our problems in America these days. It's shocking how biased media is - the way they ignored the Benghazi story, are now silent about the war, spin the numbers so that the economy looks good. Voter fraud has been outright admitted in some precincts, yet somehow this is not important enough to make the news. Republicans are so afraid of being ripped apart by the media that sometimes it seems they have been beaten into submission. Fox News and talk radio have been demonized. Without the media backing Obama every step of the way, I don't see how he could have been reelected. Low-information voters only see snippets of the liberal media and base their vote accordingly. What they see is nothing but leftist propaganda.

This has been repeated over and over throughout history. Look at Commuist Cuba and China, Nazi Germany. When a political power gets ahold of the media, Katie bar the door. And it's not just the news media these days. Everything - even sports and commercials - seems to have a leftist spin. Additionally, our cultural institution have been claimed by leftists over the decades. Universities, museums, art, movies, music, public schools, and even some churches are feeding us liberal ideas all the time. I don't think we're ever going to accomplish much unless we start from the bottom up and take these institutions back. The questions is, how?

Another troubling point brought up in the article is how young people seem to care more about playing video games than growing up and getting a job. This certainly rings true in my generation. I can't count how many people I know who are more concerned with Hollywood than with what's really going on in the world around us. It seems that there's little shame in sitting around playing video games and living in your parents' basement these days. The stigma of government assistance has been largely removed, so why even get a job? All throughout the campaign, I just had this nagging feeling that many people don't even care about the economical situation. With the government taking care of you, why worry? Many liberals I know voted, then went right back to their online fantasy world. Very troubling.

Thoughts?

--hide--
Don't forget the comedies and the actors and actresses that spread his propaganda.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said: redalertpolitics.com.
(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said:

redalertpolitics.com

Thoughts?

--hide--
Hi Rebecca, good points.

Bottom up... I feel that the peak has passed, we are in a beyond "blue", or a post Progressive situation. It is now counter-revolutionary teritory.

Any reclamation will have to start face to face. Conservatives can no longer be the "but the Constitution says you can't do that" party, or the "we can all get along" group'. A lot of traditional standards will have to be cached behind, in the hope that after a reclamation, we may return to rescue them. The President and his party declared war on hope, change, religion, and representative government yesterday. Those who desire freedom, liberty, or the rule of law must now resist, or they will lose all of that. This administration claims the right to kill US citizens, on U S territory, without a trial, or even a military tribunal. Combined with all the other assaults on the rule of law, the shreding of every Amendment in the Bill of Rights, and the claim that one man can rule through executive order, even when Congress has refused to agree to his policy, IMHO clearly defines their intent. Where exactly has the President or his party stated a clear limit to government expansion ? The "signature achievement" of the Obama administration grows daily more costly and covers less. With US diplomats murdered in the Mideast, and Syria fragmenting, the President removes a carrier group from the area. Constitutional covernment and traditional U S diplomacy overseas have been overturned.

Any hope to stop the loss will have to begin with one on one discussions. The next most important item will be to enact stringent voter I D laws in every state, especially the big battleground states. The MSM believers, the vigorish distributors, and the associated cronies and cons don't turn out in high numbers in non Presidential elections. If this is going to be won at the ballot box, the opportunity is 2014.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: What is really ironic is how many "slow" people will think "yea, tax those big oi...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

What is really ironic is how many "slow" people will think "yea, tax those big oil co." and not realize that all that does is raise our prices and is really a tax on US. The rich can afford the gas prices and the really poor don't drive, so Obama's biggest middle class tax has been the way he has caused gas to go up. I can't figure out how the media could "ride" Bush when gas went up a little and ignore completely it trippling under Obumu.

--hide--
Hi Cheryl, those who believe the idea of "big oil" should check the ownership facts. Lots of pension and individual retirement funds parked there.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: What is really ironic is how many "slow" people will think "yea, tax those big oi...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--

That is because people don't realize that Corporations or any business for that matter, are not tax payers. They are tax collectors.

Any tax they have to pay is a cost of doing business. To survive, and better yet profit, a business must first recover all of its costs. At that point a profit can occur.

One of the least taught subjects in this country, and probably everywhere else in the world, is basic economics. It is, therefore, easy to sell an its them against us message.

That is why electing economic morons like Obummer always results in sub prime results. Sub prime, heck, even sub normal results.

Face it, most politicians have never really had to work a day in their lives. And most people have never had to struggle with meeting pay roles and all the other skills necessary to run a successful business. Many who are in business never do more than eke out a bare existence because their mind set is that the unnamed "theys" make it impossible for them. Or that anyone with money must have done it because they oppressed others, stole from them, the system is unfair, etc..

Posts 1 - 7 of 7