Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Al-939544 said: Theresa what city in SD are you moving to ? It would be a beautiful trip during the summer :)
(Quote) Al-939544 said:

Theresa what city in SD are you moving to ? It would be a beautiful trip during the summer :)

--hide--
I'm sorry about the comment earlier. I'm sure everyone around my age in that community is married, God bless em. I'll be put out to pasture, pickin corn in the fields to sell by the roadside. I'll call my stand "slim pickens" because I'm not going to be picken that much corn. Every Sunday after church I'll have a two fer sale and me and the ladies from church can make dinner for the church goers.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-911246 said: Yes, Imagine all the people living in the Dakota's today.
(Quote) Theresa-911246 said:

Yes, Imagine all the people living in the Dakota's today.

--hide--

i lived in iowa for a while in the early 80s. I loved the people there. I think you are going to have a wonderful experience despite the

difficult weather in summer and winter.

Feb 14th 2013 new
Shop at Kessler's (and when offered tiger meat, say yes. They only sell it a few times per year). And go get a burger at Scotty's Drive In. Good luck on your move.
Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Have you read Kathleen Norris's book Dakota? It was fascinating to me & might gi...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Have you read Kathleen Norris's book Dakota? It was fascinating to me & might give you some insight to the area.

I moved from the Midwest to southern California just over a year ago. I don't regret the move. But I do miss my dear friends even though we talk frequently on the phone or through Facebook. I had to get rid of so much stuff & I still find stuff now that I wonder why it was packed! I lived in Indianapolis for 30 years so I really had to readjust. I'm older than you & retired, plus I had to deal with mobility problems almost from the beginning so I have had an adjustment period that's been slow. As I continue to gain strength, I hope to get out more, explore & pursue interests. Just look for activities, especially in your church and those that revolve around your interests--or seek out new ones. Also, expect a grieving period for what you have left behind.

--hide--
Margo suggested that book as well, I will have to get a copy. I am looking forward to the trip and cant wait to start my new life, or just the Southwestern version. I'm glad your mobility is improving. God Bless.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Kate-912649 said: Shop at Kessler's (and when offered tiger meat, say yes. They only sell it a few times per year). And...
(Quote) Kate-912649 said: Shop at Kessler's (and when offered tiger meat, say yes. They only sell it a few times per year). And go get a burger at Scotty's Drive In. Good luck on your move.
--hide--
Hold the horse and buggy. I just cant, no. I dont think I can do it.

Feb 15th 2013 new
Lol! It's highly seasoned ground beef - raw - what you might feed to a tiger. Like steak tartar. Very good w/ a saltine cracker. Only store in SD w/ a special health license to sell it. Love discovering fun things in new places. Have fun! Sacred Heart is my fav. church in Aberdeen. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-911246 said: I'm moving to Aberdeen. What I know so far is the population is about 26k and the community...
(Quote) Theresa-911246 said:

I'm moving to Aberdeen. What I know so far is the population is about 26k and the community is close nit. I was advised that it a strong Catholic community. I think my chances of finding a Catholic man just went up by 100% yay.

--hide--
Theresa, I have friends in Aberdeen. When are you leaving? I'll need to give you their contact info if it's OK with them.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Kate-912649 said: Lol! It's highly seasoned ground beef - raw - what you might feed to a tiger. Like steak tartar. Very...
(Quote) Kate-912649 said: Lol! It's highly seasoned ground beef - raw - what you might feed to a tiger. Like steak tartar. Very good w/ a saltine cracker. Only store in SD w/ a special health license to sell it. Love discovering fun things in new places. Have fun! Sacred Heart is my fav. church in Aberdeen. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
--hide--
Yes, I've had tiger meat and it's good, too.

Differences between the Dakotas:

North Dakota is the Number 2 oil producing state in the nation, just behind TX. South Dakota has Mount Rushmore. North Dakota has The North and South Units of Theodore Roosevelt National Park. South Dakota has the Black Hills. Both states have lots of Indian reservations and pow wows, which I recommend.

South Dakota has my ex-father-in-law; North Dakota has my ex-husband, when hs not saving the world elsewhere. Ergo, Margo from Fargo lives in Menomonie. laughing

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Theresa, I have friends in Aberdeen. When are you leaving? I'll need to give you their contac...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Theresa, I have friends in Aberdeen. When are you leaving? I'll need to give you their contact info if it's OK with them.

--hide--
Thanks Margo I appriciate that. My departure date may be in April. I'm trying to coordinate living arrangements as I don't have much time. My oldest son turned 18 today. We are going to celebrate through the holiday weekend.

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Kate-912649 said: Lol! It's highly seasoned ground beef - raw - what you might feed to a tiger. Like steak tartar. Very...
(Quote) Kate-912649 said: Lol! It's highly seasoned ground beef - raw - what you might feed to a tiger. Like steak tartar. Very good w/ a saltine cracker. Only store in SD w/ a special health license to sell it. Love discovering fun things in new places. Have fun! Sacred Heart is my fav. church in Aberdeen. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
--hide--
Where does the tiger meet come from?

Posts 41 - 50 of 57