Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Chicago?

Feb 14th 2013 new
Below is an interesting view on Chicago. What do you think?

-Elizabeth

Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago?
Body count: In the last 12 months 500 killed (murdered) in Chicago. 221 killed in Afganistan AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US. President: Barack Hussein Obama Senator: Dick Durbin House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr. Governor: Pat Quinn House leader: Mike Madigan Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike) Mayor: Rahm Emanuel The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats. Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago . Of course, they're all blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! Cook County (Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. And he is going to 'fix' Washington politics for us??? George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in prison. Of course he was replaced by Rob Blajogevitch who is...that's right, also in prison. And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned 11 / 21 / 2012. That is because he is fighting being sent to... that's right, prison.
Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Below is an interesting view on Chicago. What do you think...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Below is an interesting view on Chicago. What do you think?

-Elizabeth

Body count: In the last 12 months 500 killed (murdered) in Chicago. 221 killed in Afganistan AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US. President: Barack Hussein Obama Senator: Dick Durbin House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr. Governor: Pat Quinn House leader: Mike Madigan Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike) Mayor: Rahm Emanuel The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats. Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago . Of course, they're all blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! Cook County (Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. And he is going to 'fix' Washington politics for us??? George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in prison. Of course he was replaced by Rob Blajogevitch who is...that's right, also in prison. And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned 11 / 21 / 2012. That is because he is fighting being sent to... that's right, prison.
--hide--

Being born and raised in Chicago I can honestly say, its no different now then when I lived there 54 years ago. Maybe a bit worse.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Below is an interesting view on Chicago. What do you think...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Below is an interesting view on Chicago. What do you think?

-Elizabeth

--hide--
Thanks, for the heads-up. surprised I will make it a point to never, ever move to Chicago. I'm pretty disgusted with my blue state (CT) too.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: Thanks, for the heads-up. I will make it a point to never, ever move to Chicago. I'm pretty d...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Thanks, for the heads-up. I will make it a point to never, ever move to Chicago. I'm pretty disgusted with my blue state (CT) too.

--hide--

I just put it out there for discussion, Nilda. I've only driven through Chicago. The worse thing I know about it is Obama came from there. However, a friend of mine put the list together I listed. Certainly looks like Obama is a product of his environment.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I just put it out there for discussion, Nilda. I've only driven through Chica...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I just put it out there for discussion, Nilda. I've only driven through Chicago. The worse thing I know about it is Obama came from there. However, a friend of mine put the list together I listed. Certainly looks like Obama is a product of his environment.

--hide--
Yup. He definitely is. He's like the opposite of Midas -- one touch, and poof mayhem.

Feb 14th 2013 new

-Elizabeth

--hide--
Hi Elizabeth, one small ray of hope : www.breitbart.com

Feb 14th 2013 new

Excellent post, LizBeth.

Instead of pulling out, how about we invade Chicago, Madison, WI, and San Francisco and claim them for the USA!

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Excellent post, LizBeth.Instead of pulling out, how about we invade Chicago, Madison, WI...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Excellent post, LizBeth.

Instead of pulling out, how about we invade Chicago, Madison, WI, and San Francisco and claim them for the USA!

--hide--

What a cool idea, Tom. Maybe that should be part of the Republican plan. do you think it would pass in Congress?

Feb 15th 2013 new

-Elizabeth

--hide--

That is an excellent piece, Elizabeth. It should get more publicity because it is a perfect example of what happens
when Democrats run the Government. Today Illinios, tomorrow the USA.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Being born and raised in Chicago I can honestly say, its no different now then when I liv...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Being born and raised in Chicago I can honestly say, its no different now then when I lived there 54 years ago. Maybe a bit worse.

--hide--

Was it always Democratic? How did you get so Conservative?

Posts 1 - 10 of 14