Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I listened to the speech tonight for awhile. Then I got bored and mad. Anything good happen
in the speech?

Feb 12th 2013 new

Pfft, I doubt it. I watched some shows I DVR'd until the end, when I muted it so I didn't have to listen to him. I just wanted to hear Marco's speech!

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said: Pfft, I doubt it. I watched some shows I DVR'd until the end, when I muted it so I didn'...
(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said:

Pfft, I doubt it. I watched some shows I DVR'd until the end, when I muted it so I didn't have to listen to him. I just wanted to hear Marco's speech!

--hide--

I am taping it. So I can see it later. Marco's speech will be recorded also. Thanks, Rebecca.

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I listened to the speech tonight for awhile. Then I got bored and mad. Anything good happen
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I listened to the speech tonight for awhile. Then I got bored and mad. Anything good happen
in the speech?

--hide--

He went for the intimidation ploy where "They" (the victims of Newtown) "deserve a vote" (where supporters of the Second Amendment will be on record spitting on their graves if they don't go for grabbing guns).

Got lots of applause.

Scary.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: He went for the intimidation ploy where "They" (the victims of Newtown) "...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

He went for the intimidation ploy where "They" (the victims of Newtown) "deserve a vote" (where supporters of the Second Amendment will be on record spitting on their graves if they don't go for grabbing guns).

Got lots of applause.

Scary.

--hide--
I can't stomach watching it....did he literally say that if people support the second ammendment they are "spitting" on the graves of the victims of Newtown?

I wonder if gun owners know what the second ammendment is.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I can't stomach watching it....did he literally say that if people support the second ammend...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I can't stomach watching it....did he literally say that if people support the second ammendment they are "spitting" on the graves of the victims of Newtown?

I wonder if gun owners know what the second ammendment is.

--hide--

That's certainly how I heard it.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I listened to the speech tonight for awhile. Then I got bored and mad. Anything good happen
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

in the speech?

--hide--

Uh, well I knew better than to listen to the speech, cause I would've just gotten bored and mad. We all knew what he was going to say: lay out his vision for a liberal-leftist America, the same old dream that the liberals have had since I was born (though the vision is outdated and a majority of the country isn't much interested in it).

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Florian-626971 said: Uh, well I knew better than to listen to the speech, cause I would've just gotten ...
(Quote) Florian-626971 said:

Uh, well I knew better than to listen to the speech, cause I would've just gotten bored and mad. We all knew what he was going to say: lay out his vision for a liberal-leftist America, the same old dream that the liberals have had since I was born (though the vision is outdated and a majority of the country isn't much interested in it).

--hide--

I think you are not quite right about that last line Florian--that the vision is outdated. To a liberal, that is his vision. It is
never outdated and always leftist.

I wish you were right about a majority of the country not much interested. We just can't seem to get off the liberal
agenda. Obama talks about it, and the Republicans as well as the Democrats seem to vote for it. Can't figure out how
this is happening at all. It is beyond me.

Rubios speech was very good. Nothing new to Conservatives--he put our thoughts and feelings into words.
He was quite nervous though.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: He went for the intimidation ploy where "They" (the victims of Newtown) "...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Got lots of applause.

Scary.

--hide--

Steven: I went back and listened to all that applause. It was sickening. Obama forgot to mention all of those
people in the movietheatre who were shot and had no guns to defend themselves.

They deserve votes too.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said: Pfft, I doubt it. I watched some shows I DVR'd until the end, when I muted it so I didn'...
(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said:

--hide--

Marco's speech was supurb. Just what we all know and care about--he voiced it for us.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12