Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 15th 2013 new

Being born and raised in Chicago this is disheartening. I lived in a great neighborhood where we looked out for each other and there were so many Catholics. That is how much of Chicago is made up of...good neighborhoods surrounded by crime. Good people surrounded by crime. It taught me alot about how life really is. To be careful and aware, but that there were many good times as well. There are only a portion of areas that are crime ridden. The gangs in these neighborhoods have connections with high profile gangs around the world. And our administration knows it. The city is becoming so much more corrupt then ever before. It is sad, was a great city and many parts still are. When you take God out of the city then God will let it be. I do believe they will be saved because there are so many good people still there, who love Jesus Christ. I grew up a Democrat, now they stand for the opposite of what I learned. I still have many friends there and several sibblings. They live in nice areas, but I still pray for them. The REAL city is rich with culture , diversity, sincerity and goodness, and love. And of course so much more...... Clover Ice Skating Praying

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Was it always Democratic? How did you get so Conservative?
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Was it always Democratic? How did you get so Conservative?

--hide--

It has been Democratic my entire life.

I am not really a conservative. I am a conservative financially but a mild liberal on social policies.

When I first reached voting age I was a Democrat. My own positions have not changed all that much. But the Democratic party has moved so far left, radically left, that old time Demos like me are smack dab in the middle these days and find a home in the Conservative ranks.

Unfortunately, there is a part of the old Republican Party that has moved so far right, that it actually meets and agrees with the most left Democrats and neither one of them will admit the fact that in reality they are in bed together.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: It has been Democratic my entire life. I am not really a conservative. I am a cons...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

It has been Democratic my entire life.

I am not really a conservative. I am a conservative financially but a mild liberal on social policies.

When I first reached voting age I was a Democrat. My own positions have not changed all that much. But the Democratic party has moved so far left, radically left, that old time Demos like me are smack dab in the middle these days and find a home in the Conservative ranks.

Unfortunately, there is a part of the old Republican Party that has moved so far right, that it actually meets and agrees with the most left Democrats and neither one of them will admit the fact that in reality they are in bed together.

--hide--

What kind of policies would a mild liberal have on social policies?

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Being born and raised in Chicago this is disheartening. I lived in a great neighborhood where we l...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Being born and raised in Chicago this is disheartening. I lived in a great neighborhood where we looked out for each other and there were so many Catholics. That is how much of Chicago is made up of...good neighborhoods surrounded by crime. Good people surrounded by crime. It taught me alot about how life really is. To be careful and aware, but that there were many good times as well. There are only a portion of areas that are crime ridden. The gangs in these neighborhoods have connections with high profile gangs around the world. And our administration knows it. The city is becoming so much more corrupt then ever before. It is sad, was a great city and many parts still are. When you take God out of the city then God will let it be. I do believe they will be saved because there are so many good people still there, who love Jesus Christ. I grew up a Democrat, now they stand for the opposite of what I learned. I still have many friends there and several sibblings. They live in nice areas, but I still pray for them. The REAL city is rich with culture , diversity, sincerity and goodness, and love. And of course so much more......

--hide--

Jane, many people say Democrats of yesterday are the Republicans of today as you noted.

I went to Chicago many years ago. I was so impressed by the beauty of the City near the Great Lake.
It had everything over NYC, with the body of water right near the downtown.

I bet the politicians and the rich live in big high risers overlooking the water (and in the rich suburbs).

Gangs are such a scary phenomenon in the world. If you ask me, they have always been around. Unfortunately, it
is the poor who have to live in neighborhoods that are dangerous because of them. I wish America would concentrate
on helping our poor instead of caring about helping those from other countries who come here. It makes me so upset.
I feel that our poor are truly neglected in order to concentrate on a new supply of voters.

I have heard my friends here in New York say that those big high rises that house the poor and are Government
subsidized, should be torn down, and affordable housing built instead. I guess that way there will not be so
much concentration of poor in one area. It is food for thought.

Posts 11 - 14 of 14