Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: How sad.www.reuters.com.
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

How sad.

www.reuters.com

--hide--
How sad, indeed. I would invite you to move to Connecticut, but our state is pretty blue boggled.

Feb 14th 2013 new

Nilda - Thank you for your comments. I wish I could move out of Illinois, but too many commitments. Hopefully, all the states won't approve of gay marriage. It could end up like a domino affect.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Nilda - Thank you for your comments. I wish I could move out of Illinois, but too many commitmen...

Nilda - Thank you for your comments. I wish I could move out of Illinois, but too many commitments. Hopefully, all the states won't approve of gay marriage. It could end up like a domino affect.

--hide--

However, don't forget, the Constitution requires every state to: Article Section1 "Full Faith and Credit shall be given to the public Acts, Records, and Judicial Proceedings of every other State."

That means, for example, that since Washington State now recognizes and permits legal marriage of same sex couples, if a gay couple is married in Washington State and them moves to a State that does not allow same sex marriage, that State must still recognize, that couples status as married.

That means that as things now stand, the battle to prevent this idiocy is, for all intents and purposes, lost.

The only hope left to stop this is if, and it is a long shot, the Supreme Court rules later this year that there is no such thing as same sex marriage. Despite the number of Justices who are Catholic, I would not bet they will overturn this atrocity. Especially after Justice Roberts ruled the way he did on Obamacare.

Feb 15th 2013 new

How sad.

www.reuters.com

--hide--

Well Happy Valentines Day, NOT.

I also heard that in the new bill for immigration, they are trying to write in that a gay citizen can ask
to have his or her gay partner made a citizen or brought over to the US.

Gay rights permeate everything. I give up.

Feb 15th 2013 new

How sad.

www.reuters.com

--hide--
Sad indeed, politicians with no backbone. They lick their fingers and stick them into the air to see which way the wind is blowing. Jump on the bandwagon even if it's headed straight to hell.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Sad indeed, politicians with no backbone. They lick their fingers and stick them into the air to ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Sad indeed, politicians with no backbone. They lick their fingers and stick them into the air to see which way the wind is blowing. Jump on the bandwagon even if it's headed straight to hell.

--hide--

But what is so upsetting about how the wind is blowing is that most Americans are actually against this nonsense. However, they make no noise. One of the reasons they don't is that they have intimidated.

The idiot side is so noisy and virulent, that the voice of sanity is drowned out. And the spineless politicians hear the wrong message.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: But what is so upsetting about how the wind is blowing is that most Americans are actuall...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

But what is so upsetting about how the wind is blowing is that most Americans are actually against this nonsense. However, they make no noise. One of the reasons they don't is that they have intimidated.

The idiot side is so noisy and virulent, that the voice of sanity is drowned out. And the spineless politicians hear the wrong message.

--hide--
You nailed it, Paul. People are intimidated by labels like homophobia, when it merely describes a normal reaction to perversion. We have to make ourselves heard.

Feb 15th 2013 new

We should not be voting for any politicians that are for same sex unions--I don't even like to call it marriage.

The only thing we can do is pray and vote for conservative politicians and maybe people will wake up.

If people vote for politicians that are immoral, then this will be incorporated in our society.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9