Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Alligators During Lent? Yep!

Feb 15th 2013 new

I've long wondered if it was acceptable to eat Alligator as part of one's Friday Abstinence, especially during Lent. I read the note from the Diocese of Baton Rouge on the subject, but didn't know if that applied to the whole Church.

Fr. Z has now answered in the affirmative.

You can eat Alligator meat during Fridays of Lent, if you can find it. So, has anyone ate alligators and, if so, what do they taste like?

wdtprs.com

Feb 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Steven-706921 said: I've long wondered if it was acceptable to eat Alligator as part of one's Friday Abstinence, especiall...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

I've long wondered if it was acceptable to eat Alligator as part of one's Friday Abstinence, especially during Lent. I read the note from the Diocese of Baton Rouge on the subject, but didn't know if that applied to the whole Church.

Fr. Z has now answered in the affirmative.

You can eat Alligator meat during Fridays of Lent, if you can find it. So, has anyone ate alligators and, if so, what do they taste like?

wdtprs.com

--hide--

I have eaten fried alligator - tastes like chicken. But it is more expensive than my normal fare so it doesn't feel much like a penance....
Feb 15th 2013 new
I had gator at CM St. Augustine in 2008. It was on a Friday, but it was Labor Day weekend, right smack dab in the middle of Ordinary Time. I forget what it tasted like. (Saying it tastes like chicken is so cliche. rolling eyes)
Feb 21st 2013 new
Alligator is NOT allowed during Fridays of Lent.
Posts 1 - 4 of 4