Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

02/06/2013 new

Thanks for the bit of trivia, Kathleen!

I try to limit on-line games. Once, I discovered I spent more time playing a dumb game than in my prayer time, I chucked it out the window!
("If your hand causes you to sin, then cut it off" etc). Not suggesting games are sinful. Save the attacks, please! Moderation is the key.

I prefer the give-and-take that only human interaction can supply when recreating:

The subtle nuances one's partner gives when trying to decide whether or not to 'take it up'...

The satisfaction one gets from playing a loner...

Hearing your opponents' anguished, "Oh, man, why didn't I save my trump?"...

The thrill of victory ~ and the agony of defeat...

These experiences can only be relished with other euchre-mad midwesterners. A little 'ping' on a computer just doesn't cut it!

02/06/2013 new

ITS A CARD GAME CLOSE TO PINOCHLE.

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: After polling many people over the years, I have come to the conclusion that euchre is a home-gro...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

After polling many people over the years, I have come to the conclusion that euchre is a home-grown sounthern Indiana phenomenon that has been 'transplanted' by a few former Hoosiers to the lucky card players of their new home. Oh, man, I'm up for a game right now...I can just feel those right and left bowers in my hand leading up to a perfect loner!!!

--hide--

I'm not sure that it is just an Indiana game, Tracy. I grew up in central Ohio and learned to play euchre while in high school. Just about everybody at my high school played. I really miss playing euchre myself -- north central Florida isn't much of a euchre hotbed. surfing

My favorite euchre memory happened many moons ago. My partner and I were down 9 to 6, so I took a chance on a decent hand. Had the King, Queen, 10, and 9 of spades and a side ace. I then told my partner to "stay home" and proceeded to take all the tricks. eyepopping Of course, the fact that both bowers and the ace were buried helped a little. wink

02/12/2013 new

I've been playing Euchre for about 20 years. I was always told it was a Michigan, Ohio, Indiana game. Now does anyone know how to play cribbage? biggrin

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I've been playing Euchre for about 20 years. I was always told it was a Michigan, Ohio, Indi...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

I've been playing Euchre for about 20 years. I was always told it was a Michigan, Ohio, Indiana game. Now does anyone know how to play cribbage?

--hide--
Cribbage player here. wink wave

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Cribbage player here.
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Cribbage player here.

--hide--

15-2,15-4, a dosy do and a la main left

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: I'm not sure that it is just an Indiana game, Tracy. I grew up in central Ohio and le...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

I'm not sure that it is just an Indiana game, Tracy. I grew up in central Ohio and learned to play euchre while in high school. Just about everybody at my high school played. I really miss playing euchre myself -- north central Florida isn't much of a euchre hotbed.

My favorite euchre memory happened many moons ago. My partner and I were down 9 to 6, so I took a chance on a decent hand. Had the King, Queen, 10, and 9 of spades and a side ace. I then told my partner to "stay home" and proceeded to take all the tricks. Of course, the fact that both bowers and the ace were buried helped a little.

--hide--

Ya, Steve, I figured it was Midwestern thing. I miss playing , too, but got a chance at the Indy Chili Cook Off this weekend. Watch for future events! Or, TEACH three other people to play!

02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Watch for future events! Or, TEACH three other people to play!
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

Watch for future events! Or, TEACH three other people to play!

--hide--

laughing So true! I may have to do just that, Tracy.

As for events, I'm trying to set up a Saturday dinner get-together around Tampa-St. Pete, but not much interest in that so far. Hopefully, that'll change... crossfingers

02/15/2013 new

Good luck with that, Steve. Just be persistent and ask your Guardian Angel to assist you! He can contact other singles' angels and whisper in their ear...I do that sometimes when I'm far away from my kids and are worried about them. They are our good friends who never let us down!

02/16/2013 new

Folks on my bball team play euchre at the bar after our weekly games during the winter...I heard it is from Michigan. I have never played it. Geri's family played "pitch" in Nebraska...we won the family annual tournament one year.

Posts 31 - 40 of 41