Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 13th 2013 new

Great note! God brought light into the world and we can all shine in it. Dennis

biggrin

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: I was wondering what women (perhaps in their 50s) think about men of the same age who have young...
(Quote) Dennis-944077 said:

I was wondering what women (perhaps in their 50s) think about men of the same age who have young children in their lives?

I suspect women who have already raised their children and maybe even have grandchildren aren't interested in meeting anyone with young children, even if the little ones live with their mother most of the time. I am thinking that there maybe a perception that older men with young children are irresponsbible because they couldn't keep the family together or that they are weak.

I am not sure this is an appropriate subject for a forum, but I am curious. I've been praying about this for a while now.

--hide--
I'm not sure how women would feel who have already raised children, but I suspect that may vary -- that some would be happy to have more young children in their lives and some may want a rest from childcare after many years. Since I always wanted and was never able to have my own children, I would find the fact that a man has young children a huge plus. A man who wants to be a good father and play a major role in his children's lives is catnip to us, Dennis.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: I was wondering what women (perhaps in their 50s) think about men of the same age who have young...

I was wondering what women (perhaps in their 50s) think about men of the same age who have young children in their lives?

I suspect women who have already raised their children and maybe even have grandchildren aren't interested in meeting anyone with young children, even if the little ones live with their mother most of the time. I am thinking that there maybe a perception that older men with young children are irresponsbible because they couldn't keep the family together or that they are weak.

I am not sure this is an appropriate subject for a forum, but I am curious. I've been praying about this for a while now.

--hide--
I am 61 and raising my 15 year old great-nephew, and like many of the fine ladies who've responded, I would not mind raising his child(dren). I love children and love listening to the things they have to say. It's true -- they keep you young! I just wish there would be more men in CM open to raising children at a late stage in life. Thank you for bringing this topic to the forum. theheart

Feb 14th 2013 new
Older men with younger children should not assume that having younger children would be a roadblock to a new relationship. Also, older men should not assume that a divorce/annulment would be looked upon as a failure. I come from a divorced family, and I don't think of us as a failure.

A likely question would be though, without your explanation that the mother has custody most of the time: what about the children's mother? I don't know any practicing Catholic woman who would be willing to take a mother's baby away from her.

Some of us did not have the benefit of having the correct situation to have a family. Not all men, even Catholic men, are family oriented, or necessarily wanted children, so men who have children may be viewed as the kind of men we wanted to meet, but didn't, or have not.
Feb 14th 2013 new

Back in the day when there were hit counters on all photos, my son, then 9 or 10, got WAY more hits than I ever thought about getting. Then, my house came in a close second. My photo was down the list, ... close to the bottom.

Life can be harsh!

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Donnie-397050 said: Back in the day when there were hit counters on all photos, my son, then 9 or 10, got WAY more h...
(Quote) Donnie-397050 said:

Back in the day when there were hit counters on all photos, my son, then 9 or 10, got WAY more hits than I ever thought about getting. Then, my house came in a close second. My photo was down the list, ... close to the bottom.

Life can be harsh!

--hide--
donnie, what can we say, we just love kids!

Feb 15th 2013 new

Since I don't have any children of my own, I would be open to younger children.

Feb 15th 2013 new

--hide--
Though my twins are turning 18 tomorrow I would have loved to have more children and being almost 50 (in 3 months) I don't see that as an option for me as my body is probably not able to do it any longer. I would be thrilled to help bring up young children again. It is the most important task that an adult can take on and the rewards far outweigh the sacrifice (and I did it alone for the past 8 years so doing it with a partner would bring me immense joy). Just my perspective and that is the only one I have to give.

Sherrie

Feb 15th 2013 new
I want to be a mother. I am very willing to be a step-parent, including to young children. I would be willing to be a step-grandma too!
Feb 16th 2013 new

I would be open to taking on more children if all other factors were in place... I loved raising my own & adore my grandkids... It's new life! What could be better? rose

Posts 21 - 30 of 50