Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Feb 10th 2013 new

laughing Well, how do I apply for an AARP discount? The kids did have some walk in singles, so there was a table with more people than the chart. Somebody asked me if the fellow I was worried about at the table was my son. He's two years older than me as far as I know. wide eyed So, I need a good look in the mirror because obviously I need some new makeup tips or something. On the plus side, it was a really good steak and I got to wear my new dress.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention - in the middle of the dinner I got an email:

Subject: Visitation

I will pick up [my son's name] on Thursday for visitation.

BTW I am dating someone. Just letting you know so if [my son's name] says anything that's what is going on.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention - in the middle of the dinner I got an email: ...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention - in the middle of the dinner I got an email:

Subject: Visitation

I will pick up [my son's name] on Thursday for visitation.

BTW I am dating someone. Just letting you know so if [my son's name] says anything that's what is going on.

--hide--

Besides the crummy e-mail you got from the X--poor timing , what happen with the guy you like.?
Did you get to sit by him and have a conversation? What about the priest, was he there at your table also?
Who did you end up sitting with and how did it go?

Remember there is almost always at least one jerk in the room!

Feb 10th 2013 new

Well I ended up sitting at the table with the priest and six older ladies who are widows, so we spent the whole dinner talking about Father's retreat and the ministry he wants to start for widows. That was fine. Limited my conversation with the other fellow to when I broke the dishwasher trying to help with dishes after dinner, he was trying to fix it after I gave up, then he gave up on it too. So my lesson is: don't make all these "what if" scenarios in my own head, because odds are I work myself up over nothing. :)

Feb 10th 2013 new

Remember Texas is a big State, so keep looking!

Feb 11th 2013 new
Oh my, that really was a table of humility. A four course meal, too. Not only are teens without understanding of what that petition and granting of nullify means, but the majority of Catholics don't understand it either. My progression to singlehood went from physical separation to legal/civil separation (for my own security/ safety), to a divorce and finally an annulment. It's really, really hard to be a faithful Catholic. You have no idea what a powerful witness you are; the lessons you are teaching your youth group will be remembered in years to come as they live their lives. As for the dishwasher, I hope you can laugh about that episode someday and I'm glad "he" was there to help.
Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Well I ended up sitting at the table with the priest and six older ladies who are widows, so ...

Well I ended up sitting at the table with the priest and six older ladies who are widows, so we spent the whole dinner talking about Father's retreat and the ministry he wants to start for widows. That was fine. Limited my conversation with the other fellow to when I broke the dishwasher trying to help with dishes after dinner, he was trying to fix it after I gave up, then he gave up on it too. So my lesson is: don't make all these "what if" scenarios in my own head, because odds are I work myself up over nothing. :)

--hide--

thumbsup

Feb 13th 2013 new

Go and enjoy your dinner. Have fun and just be yourself. Don't worry...........

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Well I ended up sitting at the table with the priest and six older ladies who are widows, so ...

--hide--
hi katherine, I love your new picture, you are very beautiful. i cannot imagine anyone saying you look like you could be his mum???

when we like a guy, many scenarios of "what ifs" pop into our heads, and it is only normal that we dream and fantasize about him. how else would we be able to plan our future without imagining our lives with someone we regard as could be "special"!! hug balloon cloud discoball in my eyes, just be content and saisfied with your life, and someone will recognize these qualities... and it could be a student's parent!! lol ya'never know!!!!

Feb 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Well I ended up sitting at the table with the priest and six older ladies who are widows, so we spent the w...

--hide--
Us girls make up all kinds of scenarios because we have great imaginations...go with the flow Katherine, learn every day and don't be afraid. Get out there and mingle, talk, dance, sing and have fun. Life is short! Eileen
Posts 11 - 20 of 23