Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 16th 2013 new

You are absolutely right, Jaime; we should not "judge a book by its cover", but we all do it to some extent. Although there is a large pool of singles on this website, this does not necessarily mean that is is easier to meet someone here than in one's immediate physical environment.goldfish People have certain expectations as to the type of person they want to meet, and, also judge others very quickly on what they think they have learnt about them. wide eyed Many people do not realize that they perceive others falsely. They might stereotype them, overgeneralize, think they can read their minds etc... Blinded by love And when you do not know someone and you look at their picture, you might think they are less attractive or more than they would appear to you if you had met them in real life. lovestruck! Chemistry and compatibility is not something that can be determined through a picture, emails, phone calls or a few face-to-face meetings. It takes time to discover another human being. hug This is why long-distance relationships are tricky. The investment might or might not be worthwhile. The less expectations you have when using this site, the more inner peace you will experience. theheart

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: You have a good friend Donna. I have sisters like that. Eileen
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: You have a good friend Donna. I have sisters like that. Eileen
--hide--

She can talk..She found her CM husband in under a year.. wink

Feb 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: She can talk..She found her CM husband in under a year..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

She can talk..She found her CM husband in under a year..

--hide--
Lucky her! God is just saving someone very special for you ...keep your eyes open.
Feb 16th 2013 new

Earlier this week I, myself, wanted to start a thread asking
what’s wrong with my profile. No one
should have to jump through hoops! We
just need to be patient and just be ourselves. Everything happens in God’s
time.

Personally, I don’t like checking out a guy’s “Ideal Match”
section to see him mention eye color and hair length. Things I already feel overlooked for. I suppose, to each his/her own.

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Ok I have come to the conclusion that I just suck at dating sites I mean I try but it always fail...
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said:

Ok I have come to the conclusion that I just suck at dating sites I mean I try but it always fails or Im the creepy type PLEASE WOMEN how can someone be creepy when I don't even know you like that Jesus help me I mean you send a messa well Ige heck it's hard enough to make a conversation with a stranger I think alot of women on here not ALL please before I get slaughtered are just picture hunting and somehow still believe there is a modern day prince perfect charming "William Levy" man wake up I myself left The Lowrider Magazine model back in high school lol but its like really STOP JUDGING a book by iys cover I get it you can't like what your not attracted too but you know be adult about it and I dont want to hear you are trying to hard Then why are You On Here please tell me it;s just tell me its not your minisrty ok Im done lol I just want some InPUT Ladies what should a man do what hoop should i jump thru sincerly , A blue collar man with a heart lol BLESSINGS

--hide--

Hi Jaime,

I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't even have a clue as to how this thing is really supposed to work, or what the underlying rules are, or anything. So one thing I have found that seems to help me feel less anxious about all of it, is to focus on the forums and sometimes just the chat room and I figure maybe the rest will fall into place and if it doesn't at least I am enjoying engaging with other people on the site, without the unspoken expectations of the one on one stuff. Hugs! Lauren

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marion-824292 said: Oh tell us about it! Let's be honest - if we had half the qualities some people seem to be l...
(Quote) Marion-824292 said:

Oh tell us about it! Let's be honest - if we had half the qualities some people seem to be looking for in a prospective partner, we wouldn't be here, we'd be fighting them off. I agree that we should all stop being so fussy and let's crawl to the ugly bug ball...

--hide--

Marion, I could not disagree with you more. We have had so many couples that have met through this site who had not problem getting dates or being in relationships through meeting people other than online. The issue for many was that they were not meeting the right people or they simply wanted to be open to one more way in which God could work through their life. The idea that people who use an online dating site is misguided attitude that has been shown to simply not be true empirically and statistically.

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Marion, I could not disagree with you more. We have had so many couples that have met th...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Marion, I could not disagree with you more. We have had so many couples that have met through this site who had not problem getting dates or being in relationships through meeting people other than online. The issue for many was that they were not meeting the right people or they simply wanted to be open to one more way in which God could work through their life. The idea that people who use an online dating site is misguided attitude that has been shown to simply not be true empirically and statistically.

--hide--

I could not agree with you more as I can say that my issue was meeting the right kind of people not meeting people. I am pretty sure that many, if not most of the people on here, are in the same boat.

Feb 16th 2013 new

If you think you or only people using CatholicMatch/online dating sites are frustrated just go out some time and start talking to some singles who have NEVER used and online dating site. You will find the level of frustration is just as high or higher. I am certainly no expert in dating and anythin you can do wrong I did but with the benefit of hindsight I can tell you my biggest regret was all the time I wasted and stress I caused myself worrying if I would ever meet the one. Truth be told I didn't trust God and yet he still found a way for me to meet my wife.

Feb 16th 2013 new

Be patient Jamie. I am not in your age group or area, but I think you are very charming ! I'm sure that there are many wonderful young ladies out there that would treasure a sincere and Godly man like yourself. And BTW you are an adorable young man; not "creepy" at all. I think you are doing fine. Be confident in yourself. Confidence always attracts the opposite sex. Smart and mature women don't expect Prince Charming- we just want someone who treasures us. Focus on common interests. What do you like to do ? Maybe post some pics of you at a favorite event or activity. When you find somone who interests you, let her know how special she is. You get the idea... Just be patient- if it is God's will that you marry, he TOTALLY has your back on this, dude.

Feb 16th 2013 new

Something I'd like to add here is Events.. We have a really active wonderful group of local CM'rs that put on regular events here in the Indy area.. Events with real live women looking to meet men.. The problem is at many events the women outnumber the men by 3:1.. Our events attract members from all over.. Usually a third to half of the attendees are from outside the local area and from other states.. The locals are missing a huge opportunity to meet available Catholics.. I would absolutely implore you to both watch for events in your area or even organize one of your own.. The woman for you might just be waiting for the chance to meet you..

Posts 11 - 20 of 77