Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/16/2013 new

Dear Staff member, I want to know why I was stopped from getting in touch with a man I am really interested in that I know to be shy?.

I don't quite know how to be, what this site wants me to be, as the only one I am really interested in, does not reply. Am I being impatient? This is my first time to do this and I hope I haven't been a pain to anyone. Perhaps I need more confordance in myself? It seems to me all the men want the womnan to get in touch with them and the ladies are waiting for the men to get in touch to. what can boost the mens moral to act more interested, perhaps open a site just for men to get more iinvolved and not to be scared to act like a man should?Men usto persue woman not woman persuing men,I don't get it.

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-926029 said: Dear Staff member, I want to know why I was stopped from getting in touch with a man I am really ...
(Quote) Nancy-926029 said:

Dear Staff member, I want to know why I was stopped from getting in touch with a man I am really interested in that I know to be shy?.

I don't quite know how to be, what this site wants me to be, as the only one I am really interested in, does not reply. Am I being impatient? This is my first time to do this and I hope I haven't been a pain to anyone. Perhaps I need more confordance in myself? It seems to me all the men want the womnan to get in touch with them and the ladies are waiting for the men to get in touch to. what can boost the mens moral to act more interested, perhaps open a site just for men to get more iinvolved and not to be scared to act like a man should?Men usto persue woman not woman persuing men,I don't get it.

--hide--

Why exactly do you think the site stopped you from getting in touch with this man????

02/16/2013 new

I haven't had one person on this site approach me. I see they have view me but don't even send an emotion. I have no one to dialogue with. I have responded to most of the men who have look at my profile and no response. I'm spending my hard earned money and absolute not one person has contacted me. Does anyone on catholicmatch ever get a response or inquiry about them?????

02/16/2013 new

First, I couldn't even read want you are ranting/saying. You don't use punctuation which is an automatic dismissal for me. You also didn't capitalize your "I"'s which also gets negative points. If you want to do well ONLINE in general, you need a basic command for whatever language you intend to type in.

Second, if you want to be presentable on dating sites, your profile picture should be one with good coloring and better lighting. Mine currently isn't the greatest either, admittedly. However, yours looks very, very red - lobster red- on my monitor and that would be off putting to several people. The profile picture should be your "best" photo. I think the professional one of you would be far better for a profile picture.

Third, for any online interaction, all we have is the "cover" to the book. What you put on your profile page should speak to who you are. What do you like? Do you come from a large family or a small one? What is your education? We are all here to judge who would be a good match for us. Also, don't give up after a few months of not getting responses -this one is still a fairly small site. I've been here off and on for almost five years now!

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: We have had so many couples that have met through this site who had not problem getting...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

We have had so many couples that have met through this site who had not problem getting dates or being in relationships through meeting people other than online.

--hide--

I am sure you are right. But I doubt personally that I would be here if there was a line of gentlemen with roses outside my door. ;-)

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Something I'd like to add here is Events.. We ha...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Something I'd like to add here is Events.. We have a really active wonderful group of local CM'rs that put on regular events here in the Indy area.. Events with real live women looking to meet men.. The problem is at many events the women outnumber the men by 3:1.. Our events attract members from all over.. Usually a third to half of the attendees are from outside the local area and from other states.. The locals are missing a huge opportunity to meet available Catholics.. I would absolutely implore you to both watch for events in your area or even organize one of your own.. The woman for you might just be waiting for the chance to meet you..

--hide--

I agree! I am even will do travel to other states (if money allows) to mingle with and get to know new people. In going to the Indy Chili Cook Off, I met some wonderful people, both men and women, that I now can call my friends. I personally believe that not everyone is photogenic and picture is not always worth a thousand words! laughing

02/16/2013 new

sorry, but who are you responding to??

Please people quote the person you are replying to.
so confusing when you don't do that.

(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said: First, I couldn't even read want you are ranting/saying. You don't use punctuation wh...
(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said:

First, I couldn't even read want you are ranting/saying. You don't use punctuation which is an automatic dismissal for me. You also didn't capitalize your "I"'s which also gets negative points. If you want to do well ONLINE in general, you need a basic command for whatever language you intend to type in.

Second, if you want to be presentable on dating sites, your profile picture should be one with good coloring and better lighting. Mine currently isn't the greatest either, admittedly. However, yours looks very, very red - lobster red- on my monitor and that would be off putting to several people. The profile picture should be your "best" photo. I think the professional one of you would be far better for a profile picture.

Third, for any online interaction, all we have is the "cover" to the book. What you put on your profile page should speak to who you are. What do you like? Do you come from a large family or a small one? What is your education? We are all here to judge who would be a good match for us. Also, don't give up after a few months of not getting responses -this one is still a fairly small site. I've been here off and on for almost five years now!

--hide--

02/16/2013 new

Sorry - I was responding to Donna's comment about Events - please forgive me as I am still a newbie at this.

02/16/2013 new

no need for you to apologize Laurel. you did it exactly right.

I was actually addressing Elizabeth. (which is why I quoted her in my response)

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: Sorry - I was responding to Donna's comment about Events - please forgive me as I am still a...
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

Sorry - I was responding to Donna's comment about Events - please forgive me as I am still a newbie at this.

--hide--

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: no need for you to apologize Laurel. you did it exactly right. I was actually addressing...
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

no need for you to apologize Laurel. you did it exactly right.

I was actually addressing Elizabeth. (which is why I quoted her in my response)

--hide--

I think that she was responding to the OP since she clearly addressed him in her post.

Posts 21 - 30 of 77