Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Feb 16th 2013 new

I heard a priest on EWTN radio dismiss them as later forgeries and a total fraud.

Running from apparition to apparition and locution to locution strikes me as dangerous behavior. God has already given us everything we need to know and all the tools necessary to live a good life and get to heaven. We should not hop on the fast train to Crazy City by giving credence to writings which properly belong in supermarket tabloids.

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I heard a priest on EWTN radio dismiss them as later forgeries and a total fraud. Runn...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I heard a priest on EWTN radio dismiss them as later forgeries and a total fraud.

Running from apparition to apparition and locution to locution strikes me as dangerous behavior. God has already given us everything we need to know and all the tools necessary to live a good life and get to heaven. We should not hop on the fast train to Crazy City by giving credence to writings which properly belong in supermarket tabloids.

--hide--

Thank you for your reply to this David. A friend just told me about these prophecies and I was wondering if they were true. God bless you!

Feb 16th 2013 new

wink

We must trust God and have unwavering faith that everything which occurs in the Church is in accord with His plan. That plan is written accross centuries and is too large for us to comrehend. We can only trust and do everything we can to become holy. Personal holiness, love, and faithfulness is all God asks of us. The rest is up to him.

theheart

Feb 16th 2013 new

Pious superstition is dangerous. It also comes close to violating the first commandment. We must avoid it at all costs. If we have faith and strive to live as God wants us to live, we have nothign to fear.

Feb 18th 2013 new
The Catholic Church wouldn't cease to exist if the See of Rome remained vacant for centuries. It would be weakened, but I am confident that the Church would in an extended sedevacante.
Feb 18th 2013 new

Thank you David, Therese and John for your comments. I thought this article was interesting to post. I am not a believer of St. Malachy's prophecies. Let's all hope they are not true.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The Catholic Church wouldn't cease to exist if the See of Rome remained vacant for centuries. It woul...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The Catholic Church wouldn't cease to exist if the See of Rome remained vacant for centuries. It would be weakened, but I am confident that the Church would in an extended sedevacante.
--hide--

We'll just have to see if the Holy Spirit permits that. Won't we?

Jesus will not leave us orphans. He loves us too much for that.

Feb 19th 2013 new

In my experience, prophesies are dangerous whether they are true or not, and should not be meddled with. Particularly apocalyptic prophesies.

People either misinterpret their vague language to suit their own needs, or they worry so much about the prophecy that they make them come true through their bothersome meddling.

The best way to deal with prophecy is to ignore it and continue living in faith. If it will come true, it will come true, and no amount of thinking on it will change that fact. If it won't come true, then it's silly to fret about it. Either way, it is not something either you or I can command, so why even talk about it?

Feb 19th 2013 new

I read this today.www.catholic.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 12