Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Feb 14th 2013 new

CM is still trying to remember to get peoples Birthdays right.Even after they have been a member for 11 years. eyebrow wave Happy Birthday! laughing laughing laughing

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: We do look ALL THE time not only at other dating sites but other types of social media a...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

We do look ALL THE time not only at other dating sites but other types of social media and communication sites. All of the things you mention we generally have except that our emotigrams do not have different canned responses. Our interview however allows people to answer questions to see if there is interest. That being said we are never satisfied but given that we are a small company we can only do so much so fact but we always want ot improve the site and improve the ability for people to meet and communicate through our site. We watch site activty stats daily!

--hide--

Brian,
I think its so nice when we have the "Special Emoticons" like for Valentines day. What fun it is to send/receive them, a good conversation starter! I have ALWAYS loved cards and can't think of a soul who doesn't like receiving them. Thats what I meant about the Great Card selection at Christian Mingle. Its a good way for the "paids" as well as" unpaids" to communicate & get interested enough to continue or join. Now It might cost to much for a small site to have, I would not know. It was just a way to try to build membership, while everyone was having fun!

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: We are also looking at ways where you can "upgrade" a message which would give it diffe...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

We are also looking at ways where you can "upgrade" a message which would give it different qualities such as allowing the other person to read and respond no matter what their subscription and these upgrades could be earned or purchased. Again these types of things have to be thought through really clearly ans they are not simple to implament but we want to do things that makes our site more engaging and of course provides more value for members.

--hide--

I really think that the paid member should be able to know whether their messages were read or not and if they could chose to pay for responses eg (free to respond for the receiver) Some sites have this feature, it would be more friendly for the paid subscriber. I have been on another site where if one person pays, that person can write to any member paying or not, and get a response. I believe that is a much more fairer system to people who choose to pay. The only reason I came to this site was to be able to find a committed Catholic. I am from Australia where there are very few members in my age group in this site. So it does not make sense for me to continue to keep paying when I do not get responses from the few people, who could be matches but they are not paid members. (By the way I am a paid subscriber).

Reading some of the forums I find that people here have been on this site for a long time. Is this because they cannot get responses as most members are not paying. Perhaps Catholic match will get more members if they change their ways of allowing people to communicate. Perhaps paid members can be given the option of buying some stamps/tokens that can be used so that their message can be read by an unpaid member and they can get a reply from this member.

Feb 16th 2013 new
Some good ideas there, Pauline. I just feel like, I'm pouring all this money into this site, for what? So CM can use me to get more people to pay? Maybe that's not the explicit intention, but that's what essentially happens
Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: CM is still trying to remember to get peoples Birthdays right.Even after they have been a member ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

CM is still trying to remember to get peoples Birthdays right.Even after they have been a member for 11 years.

--hide--

Bernard if there is an issue we can fix please let us know what it is. Otherwise the comment is not helpful.

Feb 16th 2013 new

I don't know if this is possible but it might serve at least two good ends....

Could the interview have one question that could accept a narrative response? Like the last question could seek a narrative answer that anyone (paid or unpaid) could fill in, and/or read?

Right now I think that unpaid people can still take your interview? And that you can take the interview of unpaid members? And both can read the results of this?

This might provide a portal or way for the paid and the unpaid to be able to "connect" as it were with some kind of message, one time (since you only take the interview one time).

Further, it would encourage everyone to actually have an interview, which I think is a great profile feature myself.

Just my suggestion and for what it is worth....

Feb 16th 2013 new

1st off I did'nt read the entire thread so this may have already been said.

If non-payers were allowed to see messages from a paying member, a payer could send a message something like: "If you want to contact me, here's my email "fake.address(AT)fake.mail.calm" This would allow nonpayers to meet paying folks and would cost the CM company $$ and profit.

Feb 16th 2013 new

This topic comes up several time a year and we always do our best to answer the questions even though the threads are often a rehash of threads before it. If you have suggestions on this topic or additional questions please submit a support ticket as we do review those in customer service staff meetings. Since it has been asked and answered I am going to lock this one up.

Posts 21 - 28 of 28