Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: www.nytimes.com.
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

www.nytimes.com

--hide--
I will be amused by the reactions of some of my fundamentalist friends. A sure sign of the end times, they will no doubt say.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I will be amused by the reactions of some of my fundamentalist friends. A sure sign of the end ti...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I will be amused by the reactions of some of my fundamentalist friends. A sure sign of the end times, they will no doubt say.

--hide--

Did you see the pictures of the lightening striking the top of St. Peter's Basilica after the Pope anounced he was
stepping down? Now that was creepy.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Did you see the pictures of the lightening striking the top of St. Peter's Basilic...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Did you see the pictures of the lightening striking the top of St. Peter's Basilica after the Pope anounced he was
stepping down? Now that was creepy.

--hide--

It probably happens fairly often. It only took on significance this time because 1) a photographer caught it, and 2) some idiot copy writer or editor thought it was clever to put the picture of a normal and frequent occurrence with the Pope's resignation.

It might be fun to speculate on the woo woo possibilities, but has no more significance then the fact I went to bed the night before or after.

Now if the sun had spun around in the sky and someone filmed immediately after the public anouincement we should alltake notice. But the lasttime that happened was 93 years ago at Fatima.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I will be amused by the reactions of some of my fundamentalist friends. A sure sign of the end ti...

--hide--
peter, there were some older women in russia who thought the world was ending. can you imagine a meteor crashing in accokeek md at 33000??? miles per hour? lol ...what indian tribe is this town named?

Feb 15th 2013 new

i put question marks because i thought someone said 33k but may be mistaken. anyway, it was huge!!!

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: peter, there were some older women in russia who thought the world was ending. can you imagine a ...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

peter, there were some older women in russia who thought the world was ending. can you imagine a meteor crashing in accokeek md at 33000??? miles per hour? lol ...what indian tribe is this town named?

--hide--
Hi Helen, there's a lot of native American names down here- Algonquian and Piscataway to name a few. My Parish is St. Mary's of Piscataway, founded in 1640. Some information on the Accokeek Indians: en.wikipedia.org

Feb 16th 2013 new

my father in law lives on the chesapeak bay in dorchester county.,island called taylors island, md. his sister betty lived on the patuxent where the biggest crabs i ever seenwerecaught. good eating, and told friends to visit so. md . if they ever had a chance

dorchester county where my folks are from had many indian tribes living in this county. to name a few, the nanticoke, the choptank, and the delaware. prob. more,

Feb 16th 2013 new

--hide--

This was in an Islamic area. Another meteor of similar size exploded over muslim Indonesia in 2009. Perhaps Allah is displeased with his servants?

wink

Feb 16th 2013 new

now, God has competition with allah! lol

Posts 1 - 10 of 15