Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: no need for you to apologize Laurel. you did it exactly right. I was actually addressing...
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

no need for you to apologize Laurel. you did it exactly right.

I was actually addressing Elizabeth. (which is why I quoted her in my response)

--hide--

I fixed Laurels quote..I believe Elizabeth was quoting the OP.. Her remarks seemed to fit his post..

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said: First, I couldn't even read want you are ranting/saying. You don't use punctuation wh...
(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said:

First, I couldn't even read want you are ranting/saying. You don't use punctuation which is an automatic dismissal for me. You also didn't capitalize your "I"'s which also gets negative points. If you want to do well ONLINE in general, you need a basic command for whatever language you intend to type in.

Second, if you want to be presentable on dating sites, your profile picture should be one with good coloring and better lighting. Mine currently isn't the greatest either, admittedly. However, yours looks very, very red - lobster red- on my monitor and that would be off putting to several people. The profile picture should be your "best" photo. I think the professional one of you would be far better for a profile picture.

Third, for any online interaction, all we have is the "cover" to the book. What you put on your profile page should speak to who you are. What do you like? Do you come from a large family or a small one? What is your education? We are all here to judge who would be a good match for us. Also, don't give up after a few months of not getting responses -this one is still a fairly small site. I've been here off and on for almost five years now!

--hide--
Elizabeth, in all fairness, Jaime may be accessing the site with a mobile device such as his phone, and I know I have trouble maintaining proper grammar and puctuation on the few occasions I have used my phone to respond on any online forum (and I majored in Literature in college! laughing ) I also don't think there's a spell checker on mobile CM which would contribute to the problem. If a member is posting from a computer, he or she should take the time to run the included spell checker on their response. I just did that on this response because I hate being the victim of irony!

02/16/2013 new

Hi Jaime!

At the risk of sounding like I'm generalizing, I think most of us have had similar experiences to yours (or at least I have!) It can be a challenge to continue to try and to reach out to others because the majority don't respond - even to acknowledge your "smile." As tough as that might be please keep this in mind: their lack of reply is no reflection on you as a person. It can't be as they don't know your heart. Trust that one of these times, when you send a smile/email to a young lady, that she will recognize a kindred spirit in you and will reply openly and positively one day, Until then it's a bit of a cr*p shoot :o) Hang in there and PRAY!!

God bless, Rhonda

02/16/2013 new

Hi Donna!

Is there or has there ever been a Canadian CM event? I live on the East Coast and there are only 7 men in my area!! (Unfortunately they are either non-subscribers or they aren't interested as it's been impossible to connect with them scratchchin )

I'd LOVE to meet a good Catholic man. Any takers?!! wave laughing

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: Elizabeth, in all fairness, Jaime may be accessing the site with a mobile device such as his phone...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

Elizabeth, in all fairness, Jaime may be accessing the site with a mobile device such as his phone, and I know I have trouble maintaining proper grammar and puctuation on the few occasions I have used my phone to respond on any online forum (and I majored in Literature in college! ) I also don't think there's a spell checker on mobile CM which would contribute to the problem. If a member is posting from a computer, he or she should take the time to run the included spell checker on their response. I just did that on this response because I hate being the victim of irony!

--hide--

Honestly, it should matter how one is accessing the site. Yes, that may be an excuse for here on the forums where responses are to be quick but not in a profile. His profile is filled with the same complete and utter lack of punctuation - no periods, no commas, nothing. It makes it difficult to read and can be very off putting to anyone reading it. Smartphones have periods and commas.

02/16/2013 new

So here's a question for all the ladies: "what's the right approach to get y'all's attention?" I've sent emotigrams that range from a simple hi, a mention of something specific/interesting in her profile/pictures, sent compliments, and even a direct statement expressing my interest. To my dismay, very few even acknowledged the message. What's more interesting is the fact that I've seen some of these women posting on threads bemoaning the lack of interest they're getting from the men on this site. What's a man to do? I wish y'all ladies can explain further or cite specific examples of what we guys need to do to catch your fancy. Admittedly I am no Abercrombie and Fitch model, nor do I come close to looking like Brad Pitt, but is there some way an average guy can have a chance to even get to know a lady that catches his fancy? I would love to hear what the women have to say.

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Megan-667121 said: I myself wish there was a magic solution to finding a guy who doesn't want a supermodel, is o...
(Quote) Megan-667121 said:

I myself wish there was a magic solution to finding a guy who doesn't want a supermodel, is ok with me being huge sports nut and doesn't care if we spend almost every night at home on the couch.

Heck, I would love to date the likes of a movie star, but I am realistic enough to know that is never going to happen, lol!

--hide--

Careful what you wish for Megan! I came 'this close' to getting engaged to one gentleman who was definitely 'eye candy' Blinded by love faint (and he knew it), but all the ladies kept making non-stop lunges for him (and didn't live 3 hours away so were far more available to work on his attentions) and it didn't take long before he broke things off saying that it was 'just killing him' to be that far away and he needed someone he could be with right then and there. Geesh! Dodged a bullet there. duck I would have hated to spent my whole marriage wondering which women were trying to lure him away or tempt him to go astray? Trust me; the real beauty lies within and outlasts anything on the surface.

Heck, I tend to go up and down in size a bit and even I notice how much more attention I get when I'm the skinner version of me. I've also noticed what kind of attention I receive when I'm thinner and I'd just as soon not be subject to so much temptation all the time. Ironically, that's also why I'm not overly inclined to worry about taking the weight off just at the moment. I figure if a man is worth having, he'll be the type that looks beyond just physical appearance and gets to know what an amazing woman I am and all that I have to offer, just as I am. If he won't look past outside appearances - he probably too superficial for me anyway. Problem solved!

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: So here's a question for all the ladies: "what's the right approach to...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

So here's a question for all the ladies: "what's the right approach to get y'all's attention?" I've sent emotigrams that range from a simple hi, a mention of something specific/interesting in her profile/pictures, sent compliments, and even a direct statement expressing my interest. To my dismay, very few even acknowledged the message. What's more interesting is the fact that I've seen some of these women posting on threads bemoaning the lack of interest they're getting from the men on this site. What's a man to do? I wish y'all ladies can explain further or cite specific examples of what we guys need to do to catch your fancy. Admittedly I am no Abercrombie and Fitch model, nor do I come close to looking like Brad Pitt, but is there some way an average guy can have a chance to even get to know a lady that catches his fancy? I would love to hear what the women have to say.

--hide--

Quite honestly, Kahirup, from where I'm standing, it looks like you've done all the right things. If you've seen them posting in the forums - the excuse can't even be offered that they may not be paying members. Hmm... without looking at your profile (don't want you to think that some old woman is stalking you! wink) all I can guess is that perhaps y wink your location is considered too far removed from where they are or that perhaps you have stated some belief or preference in your profile that doesn't jive with them. Just a thought. Nonetheless, I think it's rather rude not to at least respond with a polite, 'no thank you... I don't feel we would be a match' or whatever.

Good luck and hopefully the ladies (and gents) will be more courteous in the future.

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-444789 said: I figure if a man is worth having, he'll be the type that looks beyond just physical appear...
(Quote) Brenda-444789 said:

I figure if a man is worth having, he'll be the type that looks beyond just physical appearance and gets to know what an amazing woman I am and all that I have to offer, just as I am. If he won't look past outside appearances - he probably too superficial for me anyway. Problem solved!

--hide--
Brenda though there does need to be a physical attraction and physical appearance does plays a role in that part of the relationship.

02/16/2013 new

tried other sites and this one. Still praying that the right guy will come long for me and everyone else who is looking. God Bless Jaime!

Posts 31 - 40 of 77