Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jean-530322 said: I have started to attend daily Mass and I know I would benefit by doing it through Lent and maybe ...
(Quote) Jean-530322 said:

I have started to attend daily Mass and I know I would benefit by doing it through Lent and maybe even beyond. It will be nice to know that we are doing it together..... Who can even imagine all the graces and benefits. I am in.
Jean

--hide--

Thank you so much for joining us, Jean! And, welcome to the forumswave .

Feb 15th 2013 new

Day 3 of 40 days of Lent! It's cold and sunny in Chicago and a wonderful day to walk back and forth to Noon Mass at Holy Name Cathedral! I'm hoping everyone is off to a good start with their daily Masses (or as often as you can) and/or daily readings! Don't forget to NOT eat meat today!Gone Fishing!

Feb 15th 2013 new

Patricia
Thank you for starting this thread. I have been blessed to be able to attend daily mass for the last 2 plus years. I know it helps me to know I can start the day with the lord. I only miss Saturdays. I hope we can get more of us to do this.

Keep the Faith
Chuck

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Chuck-209629 said: PatriciaThank you for starting this thread. I have been blessed to be able to attend daily ma...
(Quote) Chuck-209629 said:

Patricia
Thank you for starting this thread. I have been blessed to be able to attend daily mass for the last 2 plus years. I know it helps me to know I can start the day with the lord. I only miss Saturdays. I hope we can get more of us to do this.

Keep the Faith
Chuck

--hide--

You're welcome, Chuck! And, thank you for joining in with us at daily Mass during Lent. How wonderful that you have been able to do this for over 2 years now!

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Day 3 of 40 days of Lent! It's cold and sunny in Chicago and a wonderful day to walk back a...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Day 3 of 40 days of Lent! It's cold and sunny in Chicago and a wonderful day to walk back and forth to Noon Mass at Holy Name Cathedral! I'm hoping everyone is off to a good start with their daily Masses (or as often as you can) and/or daily readings! Don't forget to NOT eat meat today!

--hide--

Patricia, thanks again for starting us on this tradition of daily Mass. I used to watch Mass daily online and somehow in the hustle and bustle of work and finishing school I let it slip. I've been doing well to watch daily Mass online since Ash Wednesday and was excited that you started this thread to remind me what a blessing it is! It's even more of a blessing knowing that I am sharing with all of the other CM members who are participating in this wonderful tradition!

May God bless all of you! You're all in my prayers biggrin Praying rosary

Feb 16th 2013 new
Unfortunately, because of my work schedule, and the schedule of the parishes in this area, it is not possible for me to go to Mass every single day. My home parish used to have daily Mass at 7 AM, but my pastor recently changed it to 8, which is the same time I start work. I am going to try to do the Nine First Fridays starting in March.
Feb 16th 2013 new

Pat, thanks for starting this thread! Just got back from the Saturday night vigil Mass, thinking "I've got to get to daily Mass for the rest of Lent." I would like to join your group, weather permitting. Our hamlet in upstate NY sometimes cancels Mass at the last minute, due to ice and snow. Still, I've got the daily readings on my Android phone too. I'm with you...

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Unfortunately, because of my work schedule, and the schedule of the parishes in this area, it is not poss...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Unfortunately, because of my work schedule, and the schedule of the parishes in this area, it is not possible for me to go to Mass every single day. My home parish used to have daily Mass at 7 AM, but my pastor recently changed it to 8, which is the same time I start work. I am going to try to do the Nine First Fridays starting in March.
--hide--

Edward, thank you for joining us (as you are able to with your work schedule and limited Mass times). Father said again at a Mass I went to during this week, that for those unable to go to daily Mass, doing the daily Readings is a good way to become closer to Christ during Lent. And, you can view these on the internet in many places, I understand, such as your archdiocesan website or the U.S. bishops site (I think).

If anyone here knows the best place to find the daily readings online, would you please post a link in this thread. Thank you!

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: Pat, thanks for starting this thread! Just got back from the Saturday night vigil Mass, thinkin...
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said:

Pat, thanks for starting this thread! Just got back from the Saturday night vigil Mass, thinking "I've got to get to daily Mass for the rest of Lent." I would like to join your group, weather permitting. Our hamlet in upstate NY sometimes cancels Mass at the last minute, due to ice and snow. Still, I've got the daily readings on my Android phone too. I'm with you...

--hide--

You're welcome, Barbara, And, thank you for joining us for daily Mass (weather permitting- and I do understand that in this windy, freezing city - though not as bad as upstate NY, I think) for the 40 days of Lent!

Feb 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I happened to go to the 7AM Mass today, because one of thepriests who I really trust for conservative spirit...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I happened to go to the 7AM Mass today, because one of thepriests who I really trust for conservative spiritual advice and guidance was saying it.

He suggested that the absolutely best thing we could do during Lent is to attend daily Mass starting Ash Wednesday and going through Easter. (He did say if you just could not do that, to at least try to go to Mass a couple times a week, and if you couldn't do that, to read the daily Mass readings which are available in booklets or in many sites on the internet - try your archdiocesan website.)

Anyhow, I thought about it, and although it might cause me some inconvenience and there may be days that I just don't want to walk there (it's a 20 minute - 1 mile walk for me each way unless I get on a bus which shortens it by 5 blocks) if the weather is frigid, sleeting, snowing,high winds, etc. along the Chicago lakefront, I do believe that this is something I can do and something that I want to do.

So, I guess I'm looking for some support - in the form of any CM members who would want to make that same committment to go to daily Mass for the 40 days of Lent (although technically it would be 39 I think because there is no Mass on Holy Saturday until the evening Easter Mass which one could go to or instead go to the Easter Mass on Easter day). It is easier I think to do something when there are other people also doing it - a shared sense of spiritual community and support.

So, I'm hoping there will be lots of takers, but I'd be overjoyed if even one other person on CM would also want to do this for Christ!

--hide--

So far so good. But we're only a couple of days in.
Posts 61 - 70 of 150