Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:If anyone here knows the best place to find the daily readings online, would you please post a ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

If anyone here knows the best place to find the daily readings online, would you please post a link in this thread. Thank you!

--hide--

www.usccb.org will take you to the readings for the current day (which I assume is based on US ET (-05:00/-04:00 DST)). There is a calendar to the right which you can use to select another day, if desired.

02/16/2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Edward, thank you for joining us (as you are able to with your work schedule and limited Mass times)....

Edward, thank you for joining us (as you are able to with your work schedule and limited Mass times). Father said again at a Mass I went to during this week, that for those unable to go to daily Mass, doing the daily Readings is a good way to become closer to Christ during Lent. And, you can view these on the internet in many places, I understand, such as your archdiocesan website or the U.S. bishops site (I think).

If anyone here knows the best place to find the daily readings online, would you please post a link in this thread. Thank you!

--hide--
For those of you with an iPad or iPhone, go to the App Store and get the Laudate app. It's stuffed with all kinds of Catholic goodies, including the daily readings, Liturgy of the Hours, Order of Mass, examination of conscience for confession ... and that's just the tip of the iceberg. And, it's free! biggrin
02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: www.usccb.org will take you to the readings for the current day (w...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

www.usccb.org will take you to the readings for the current day (which I assume is based on US ET (-05:00/-04:00 DST)). There is a calendar to the right which you can use to select another day, if desired.

--hide--

Thank you Jerry! I knew that if I asked, someone here would know where to find them.clap

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: For those of you with an iPad or iPhone, go to the App Store and get the Laudate app. It's stuffed wi...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: For those of you with an iPad or iPhone, go to the App Store and get the Laudate app. It's stuffed with all kinds of Catholic goodies, including the daily readings, Liturgy of the Hours, Order of Mass, examination of conscience for confession ... and that's just the tip of the iceberg. And, it's free!
--hide--

Wonderful information for us, Edward. Thank you so much!clap

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: www.usccb.org will take...

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

Thank you Jerry! I knew that if I asked, someone here would know where to find them.

--hide--

You're welcome, Patricia. For those who may want the propers for the traditional Mass: virgomaterdie.com

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Wonderful information for us, Edward. Thank you so much!

Wonderful information for us, Edward. Thank you so much!

--hide--

No problemo wink

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: So far so good. But we're only a couple of days in.
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

So far so good. But we're only a couple of days in.
--hide--

Hi Josephine, glad you're joining us in going to daily Mass. All we can do is go one day at a time! And, each day adds up. (Remember, that if you do something for 3 weeks, it becomes a habit.) I have a feeling that some of us (me I think) will continue going to daily Mass even after Lent because I'm really liking this (4 days so far!)

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: So, I'm hoping there will be lots of takers, but I'd be overjoyed if even one other person on ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: So, I'm hoping there will be lots of takers, but I'd be overjoyed if even one other person on CM would also want to do this for Christ!
--hide--

Patrica,

You, the other wonderful 'Lenten daily-Mass' CMers, and the Holy Spirit Dove have prompted me to join you in attending daily Mass. biggrin

As with many of you, my work schedule may not always allow me to attend, but I will take the great suggestion of some and watch on EWTN (I'd forgotten about that!).

Lenten blessings to all of you, theheart
Christina

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: For those of you with an iPad or iPhone, go to the App Store and get the Laudate app. It's stuffed wi...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: For those of you with an iPad or iPhone, go to the App Store and get the Laudate app. It's stuffed with all kinds of Catholic goodies, including the daily readings, Liturgy of the Hours, Order of Mass, examination of conscience for confession ... and that's just the tip of the iceberg. And, it's free!
--hide--

I echo your suggestion for the Laudate app, Edward!! clap It's beautiful and they keep updating and improving it. Plus, as you stated, it's free!

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Christina-933729 said: Patrica,You, the other wonderful 'Lenten daily-Mass' CMers, and the Holy ...
(Quote) Christina-933729 said:

Patrica,

You, the other wonderful 'Lenten daily-Mass' CMers, and the Holy Spirit have prompted me to join you in attending daily Mass.

As with many of you, my work schedule may not always allow me to attend, but I will take the great suggestion of some and watch on EWTN (I'd forgotten about that!).

Lenten blessings to all of you,
Christina

--hide--

Wonderful, Christina, thank you so much for joining us in daily Mass during Lent! And, yes, we should all give credit to the Holy Spirit for prompting us to do this!Dove (yes, I know this is not the Holy Spirit, but it's the closest emoticon I could find!)

Posts 71 - 80 of 150