Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Definitely different.I lived there in the 1980s. Loved the people, hated the climate....
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Definitely different.

I lived there in the 1980s. Loved the people, hated the climate.

I wouldn't say "more traditional values". Instead, I would say "clear, direct, thinking". Texas will talk endlessly about their high school football team, but anything more serious is put to rest in three sentences and a quick decision.

--hide--

The common man, perhaps. The texas politicians are another story.

www.lifenews.com

Feb 17th 2013 new

Another insider joke (sort of). On Catholic radio today, I heard something like this:

Host: "You mean all of Texas isn't rural and conservative?"

Guest:"No, there's Austin."

smile

Feb 17th 2013 new

I've noticed that many of the Texans that visit us in Alaska seem to lose their swagger... wink

Feb 17th 2013 new

I'd move there.... CowGirl

Feb 17th 2013 new

I met a Texan chap once, he came to NZL on a student exchange. He was a fine fellow, kind hearted and a real gentleman to boot.

It made me LMAO when I found he brought a year's supply of toothpaste because he thought we were all running around in flax skirts living in mud huts.

He also thought we didn't have roads, so brought several good pairs of tramping* boots.

*We call hiking tramping. He was somewhat insulted at first when we asked him if he enjoyed a good tramp.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: *We call hiking tramping. He was somewhat insulted at first when we asked him if he enjoyed a goo...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

*We call hiking tramping. He was somewhat insulted at first when we asked him if he enjoyed a good tramp.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing I'll bet! Did he tell you what tramp means over here? eyepopping

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I'll bet! Did he tell you what tramp means over here?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

I'll bet! Did he tell you what tramp means over here?

--hide--

The look of horror on his innocent little face was explanation enough!

Actually, not so little face, the guy was built like a brick outhouse.

As an aside, tramp is used the same way here as overseas, though not very often.

Feb 17th 2013 new

clap Belated congratulations to Jerry, who achieved over 20,000 posts.

Feb 17th 2013 new
(Quote) John-132457 said: Another insider joke (sort of). On Catholic radio today, I heard something like this: Host: "You me...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

Another insider joke (sort of). On Catholic radio today, I heard something like this:

Host: "You mean all of Texas isn't rural and conservative?"

Guest:"No, there's Austin."

--hide--
Haha! Really?
Feb 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Clint-899913 said: I've noticed that many of the Texans that visit us in Alaska seem to lose their swagger...
(Quote) Clint-899913 said:

I've noticed that many of the Texans that visit us in Alaska seem to lose their swagger...

--hide--
I'd assume it's that cold! Brrr! I prefer warmth myself!
Posts 11 - 20 of 55