Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

02/16/2013 new

Thanks Nathan but I still think it's not fair.

Perhaps ya'll should chose another company? rosary

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Bertha-811213 said: I am dissapointed that it has been 3 days and the problem is not fixed. and the company you peo...
(Quote) Bertha-811213 said:

I am dissapointed that it has been 3 days and the problem is not fixed. and the company you people employ is not customer service friendly. I would like the name of this company.

--hide--

Nathan's post was written Friday morning, so the problem has been in their hands for one working day, not three.

Based on the evidence available here, there is nothing on which to base a conclusion that the vendor is not "customer service friendly." Having worked in software development for 30+ years, I can attest that debugging problems like this can be time consuming, as can verifying that a potential fix works in all circumstances and does not introduce additional problems.

If you want to blame anyone, the two primary culprits are:

(a) Adobe, for rolling out a change that broke existing functionality without providing it to software vendors in advance with sufficient lead time to allow them to make the required changes to their software (a situation that may have been unavoidable if this was a fix for a security problem), and

(b) the end users (us) who allow the Adobe Flash updates to be installed automatically, or who agreed to install it without understanding the implications of doing so.

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (b) the end users (us) who allow the Adobe Flash updates to be installed automatically, or who agr...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

(b) the end users (us) who allow the Adobe Flash updates to be installed automatically, or who agreed to install it without understanding the implications of doing so.

--hide--

us? but the consumer is never wrong! wink

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Chris-840826 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (b) the end users (us) who allow the Adobe Flash...
(Quote) Chris-840826 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

us? but the consumer is never wrong!

--hide--

Well, let's just say that I (and 11 other pople at this writing) are in the chat room and, as I am painfully reminded every time someone types, the room is working fine, so the problem isn't on CM's end. Of course, I don't allow Adobe to automatically install updates...

02/17/2013 new

I also cant get into the Chat Room.

02/17/2013 new

Well said, if a company does not report to me when I pay them I report them to the Better Business Bureau.

CM should be more aggressive to contact the outside company who they are paying. very dissapointing!

02/17/2013 new

and I so miss you Brian. ;-)

but
don't worry we can always go to Catholic singles,which is what I am going to do .if the problem is not fixed asap.

Back to shoveling snow, Gbu Bri.

;-)

02/17/2013 new

Jerry,

I reported the probem Thrusday night and again Friday. and here we are Sunday . btw I did not get a response for Thrusday's ticket, when I reported it again on Friday is when I did get a response.

you pay the company , they have to provide service, I work for the State. I know about customer service.

02/17/2013 new

Jerry,

since I am not a computer expert , are you saying that the public can avoid adobe to update?

They never asked me to update, I do not update anything, I hate change, as you might have already gathered. lol

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Bertha-811213 said: Jerry, I reported the probem Thrusday night and again Friday. and here we are Sunday ...
(Quote) Bertha-811213 said:

Jerry,

I reported the probem Thrusday night and again Friday. and here we are Sunday . btw I did not get a response for Thrusday's ticket, when I reported it again on Friday is when I did get a response.

you pay the company , they have to provide service, I work for the State. I know about customer service.

--hide--

You reported the problem Thursday night.

Nathan responded here at 9:58 AM EST Friday morning that he had isolated the problem and notified their software vendor. Assuming they start work at 8 AM, that is less than 2 hours to narrow down the cause of a problem that was caused by a software change on yoru computer, not their server. In my professional opinion, that is pretty darn good service.

The software vendor (SV) must then do the following before they can provide a fix for CM to install:

(1) Determine the exact cause of the problem.

(2) Design and implement a code fix.

(3) Thoroughly test the fix on a large number of software platforms (various combinations of hardware types, OS versions, browsers, and browser versions) to ensure the change (a) corrects the problem in all cases, and (b) does not introduce new problems.

(4) Once SV delivers the updated application to CM, they must test it as well to ensure it works properly as part of their site, and perhaps make and test changes to the web site.

Keep in mind that the change that triggered the problem was not in SV's code, but in another company's product, Adobe Flash Player. In order to complete (1) SV may well need to get information from Adobe on what change was made in their software, which can take time.

Realistically, this may well be a multi-day, if not multi-week, process. And I'd be very surprised if either SV or Adobe are pursuing this over the weekend unless they have customers with applications that are more critical than a chat program that are broken.

While I believe CM's terms of service include a clause that they are not liable for this type of outage -- which I again note was ultimately caused by a software update on your computer, not their server -- they may agree to extending your subscription by the length of the outage if you politely explain that the chat feature is a significant part of the CM experience for you. This is a request that would have to be made after the problem is resolved so that the actual duration of the outage is known.

In the meantime, with this being Lent, perhaps you could take advantage of the unexpected free time to spend some extra time chatting with the Lord. As they say, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade!

Posts 11 - 20 of 70