Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Yoga Pants and Leggings

Feb 17th 2013 new

Ok, out again comes the perhaps weekly or monthly installment of 'can o worms'. Are yoga pants and leggings appropriate to wear 'on their own' I have no problem with leggings undneath a skirt or dress or something but to wear leggings as pants...ummm ? Inappropriate thats all I am saying.

2nd question - would you ever wear either to mass?

3rd question - would you wear them ever? if so then where?when?

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: Ok, out again comes the perhaps weekly or monthly installment of 'can o worms'. Are yoga ...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

Ok, out again comes the perhaps weekly or monthly installment of 'can o worms'. Are yoga pants and leggings appropriate to wear 'on their own' I have no problem with leggings undneath a skirt or dress or something but to wear leggings as pants...ummm ? Inappropriate thats all I am saying.

--hide--
Interesting question... let's see what the women have to say... and maybe the fashion police too scratchchin

Feb 17th 2013 new

A new twist on the modesty question which has been DONE TO DEATH in these Forums.. Do you realise it's nearly always men who start these? If women want to discuss this topic we do it in the Pink Room..

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: A new twist on the modesty question which has been DONE TO DEATH in these Forums.. Do you realise ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

A new twist on the modesty question which has been DONE TO DEATH in these Forums.. Do you realise it's nearly always men who start these? If women want to discuss this topic we do it in the Pink Room..

--hide--
Very astute Donna! Right on the money!

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: Ok, out again comes the perhaps weekly or monthly installment of 'can o worms'. Are yoga ...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

--hide--

You've read my mind... Yoga pants are confining but they serve a purpose. If a woman goes to yoga then runs errands, I think people can tell from her clothing that she came from or is headed to the gym. I did notice recently, a woman at Target had a longer shirt on that covered her butt. I thought that was more appropriate. I knew women can change at the gym, but that would probably take the same amount of time (to shower and change) as it would to actually go to Target.

Leggings are not pants! Say it with me, everyone! LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS! It was actually in a video I saw recently. lol I remember when I was in jr. high, leggings were popular, but we wore them with oversized t-shirts and sweaters. I've seen teen girls and grown women in leggings, and I have to wince. I don't care if you're in perfect shape, it's not cool. In fact, a teen girl in front of me at Ash Wednesday Mass had leggings on, and I was wincing for the men around me.

I guess it's my theory that if you shouldn't wear it at Mass, you shouldn't wear it at all.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: A new twist on the modesty question which has been DONE TO DEATH in these Forums.. Do you realise ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

--hide--

lol... I have no problems sharing my opinion. Also, I think topics repeat over the years, which is just the way it is. I've only been on the forums for a year, and I see reposts, so I can't imagine how many reposts there have been in the span of a decade.

Feb 17th 2013 new

I think they inappropriate if worn as pants.

To questions 2, No.

To question 3, only under a dress or skirt.

Feb 17th 2013 new

Leggings are not pants and I would never wear them as such. I have no problem with leggings under a dress or tunic that covers the rear.

I wore leggings to mass today--under a dress and with boots.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: You've read my mind... Yoga pants are confining but they serve a purpose...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

You've read my mind... Yoga pants are confining but they serve a purpose. If a woman goes to yoga then runs errands, I think people can tell from her clothing that she came from or is headed to the gym. I did notice recently, a woman at Target had a longer shirt on that covered her butt. I thought that was more appropriate. I knew women can change at the gym, but that would probably take the same amount of time (to shower and change) as it would to actually go to Target.

Leggings are not pants! Say it with me, everyone! LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS! It was actually in a video I saw recently. lol I remember when I was in jr. high, leggings were popular, but we wore them with oversized t-shirts and sweaters. I've seen teen girls and grown women in leggings, and I have to wince. I don't care if you're in perfect shape, it's not cool. In fact, a teen girl in front of me at Ash Wednesday Mass had leggings on, and I was wincing for the men around me.

I guess it's my theory that if you shouldn't wear it at Mass, you shouldn't wear it at all.

--hide--

Very well said Tara!!!

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: You've read my mind... Yoga pants are confining but they serve a purpose. If a woman goes to y...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

--hide--

I have yoga pants that I work out in. Haven't worn leggings to the gym in a while but when I used to, it was always with a long t-shirt.

Posts 1 - 10 of 113