Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 15th 2013 new

I don't even know that I even asked my mom this question before to be honest with you. lol I will take a look at that verse. Thank you all for your thoughts and time. :)

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Two conditions must exist:1. His welfare must be more important to you than anything else...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Two conditions must exist:

1. His welfare must be more important to you than anything else except your own salvation.

2. You must love him enough to not care if he doesn't say it back.

--hide--
Several years after my divorce, I met a lady who's company I enjoyed very much. I fell in love with her almost instantly and eventually I told her. As gently as she could, she placed me in the "friend zone." She said she enjoyed my company but wasn't in love with me. Took me awhile, after shedding a lot of tears, but I came to the conclusion that real love means you put that person's happiness before your own. She later married, had a child and divorced her husband after forgiving him too many times for cheating. We've been good friends ever since, and encourage each other in the hazardous dating world. I've even taken her profile pictures.

So to get back on track here, I use the "L" word very sparingly. That hesitation has cost me dearly at least once.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: As they say in law school: It's a "facts and circumstances" test. No s...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

As they say in law school: It's a "facts and circumstances" test. No set standard. No magic line.

--hide--

Only the reasonable and ordinary man knows the answer.

(If you were never in law school, you might not understand my response)

Feb 25th 2013 new

I guess it would depend on the situation and your definition of love - I was told love was choosing the better good for the other person no matter what, so I suppose if you weren't willing to risk the 'no matter what' part its probably too early to say it...but no matter what, I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it, to me an 'I love you' is a promise.

Posts 11 - 14 of 14