Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bertha-811213 said: Jerry, since I am not a computer expert , are you saying that the public can avoid ad...
(Quote) Bertha-811213 said:

Jerry,

since I am not a computer expert , are you saying that the public can avoid adobe to update?

They never asked me to update, I do not update anything, I hate change, as you might have already gathered. lol

--hide--

If they are not asking you to update then your computer is set up to do the updates automatically.. You should be able to turn off automatic updates by Adobe.. Jerry is saying that you are blaming CM for the problem when actually it is your computer that is preventing you from entering the chat room.

Feb 17th 2013 new

I do not have any automatic update for adobe in my computer that I know of.

It's odd how there are others with the same problem, so it's not just my computer.

Feb 17th 2013 new

Even still, Bertha. As Jerry said, its the weekend, and you cannot really expect these things to be taken care of during non-business days. Maybe I was just doing it in the wrong place but by making this topic, I was just letting people know the problem exists, not providing a forum to complain about said problem.
Even if they are also closed for President's Day, I am sure it will be corrected by next weekend at the latest if we will just be patient.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Chris-840826 said: Even still, Bertha. As Jerry said, its the weekend, and you cannot really expect these things to ...
(Quote) Chris-840826 said:

Even still, Bertha. As Jerry said, its the weekend, and you cannot really expect these things to be taken care of during non-business days. Maybe I was just doing it in the wrong place but by making this topic, I was just letting people know the problem exists, not providing a forum to complain about said problem.
Even if they are also closed for President's Day, I am sure it will be corrected by next weekend at the latest if we will just be patient.

--hide--

Chris,

You were fine creating the topic for exactly the reason you state -- to let other users know there is a problem so they don't think they are the only one -- or to ask if others are experiencing the same problem or have a workaround for it..

Whenever some feature of the site is not functioning properly it is advisable to create a Help ticket as well so the staff is aware of the problem sooner (they do not always monitor the forums, especially on weekends).

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bertha-811213 said: I do not have any automatic update for adobe in my computer that I know of. It's ...
(Quote) Bertha-811213 said:

I do not have any automatic update for adobe in my computer that I know of.

It's odd how there are others with the same problem, so it's not just my computer.

--hide--

If you were using the group chat feature, you have sofware called Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer. If I recall correctly, the default setting when you allow automatic updates. When the software is updated a small message may display briefy in the lower right corner of your screen (I don't know for certain, since I disabled the automatic updates -- Chris or anyone, do you know?); if it does display, it doesn't remain long, so it would be easy to miss.

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Chris-840826 said: us? but the consumer is never wrong!

us? but the consumer is never wrong!

--hide--

If the customer was never wrong...I probably wouldn't have a job laughing

Feb 17th 2013 new

I just reinstalled IE and was able to log in using that. I do not know if it is a Firefox only problem but IE seems to work for people.

Feb 17th 2013 new

I still cant get into the chat room.It was working great the way it was before.

Feb 17th 2013 new

Jerry, I hate computers and I am getting too old to figure them out. I wish I knew what you are talking about. I don't suppose you could make a house call? LOL

It would have updated by itself , because I will not update anything. I like things the way they are.

Hopefully they are working tomorrow since it's a holiday. Happy President's day..............

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Chris-840826 said: I just reinstalled IE and was able to log in using that. I do not know if it is a Firefox only pr...

I just reinstalled IE and was able to log in using that. I do not know if it is a Firefox only problem but IE seems to work for people.

--hide--

I was in the group chat for a bit last night using Firefox 18.0.2 with Shockwave Flash Player 11.5.502.149 (Windows 7).

Posts 21 - 30 of 70