Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thank you Edel for joining me in this. I am now officially overjoyed that one other CM ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thank you Edel for joining me in this. I am now officially overjoyed that one other CM member will be going to daily Mass during Lent.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

--hide--
I've been attending daily Lenten Mass, but then I'm retired and so it's not an inconvenience.

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (yes, I know this is not the Holy Spirit, but it's the closest emoticon I could find!)
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (yes, I know this is not the Holy Spirit, but it's the closest emoticon I could find!)
--hide--

I agree, Patrica, since I did the same! biggrin

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I've been attending daily Lenten Mass, but then I'm retired and so it's not an inconv...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I've been attending daily Lenten Mass, but then I'm retired and so it's not an inconvenience.

--hide--

Glad you're joining us here, Peter, thank you. And, I'm retired too, but I still have a lot of activities/events going on, so I do have to sometimes make daily Mass a priority over doing something else. But, I have to say that I am really enjoying going to daily Mass and hope to continue it even after Lent ends! thumbsup

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thanks, Elizabeth, for joining us for daily Mass during Lent as much as you can (barrin...

Thanks, Elizabeth, for joining us for daily Mass during Lent as much as you can (barring winter blizzards and late work days).

--hide--

cannot make daily Mass, but am doing Mass three times/week

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: cannot make daily Mass, but am doing Mass three times/week
(Quote) John-34848 said:

cannot make daily Mass, but am doing Mass three times/week

--hide--

Wonderful, John! And, thank you for joining us in daily Mass ( or how often we can go depending on work, Mass availablity, weather, illness, etc.) during these 40 days of Lent!wave

Feb 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Hi Josephine, glad you're joining us in going to daily Mass. All we can do is go one day at a tim...

Hi Josephine, glad you're joining us in going to daily Mass. All we can do is go one day at a time! And, each day adds up. (Remember, that if you do something for 3 weeks, it becomes a habit.) I have a feeling that some of us (me I think) will continue going to daily Mass even after Lent because I'm really liking this (4 days so far!)

--hide--

Thanks. My goal is to continue also. There were two churches in my area that had 8am mass, which I could easily go to before work. One church closed and the other changed their morning mass time. The 8 am mass at another neighboring church lasts at least 45 mins and I hate to walk out before the end of mass (or even before eucharist) so I don't go. I am currently going to 5:30 mass after work for Lent, even though I sometimes arrive late. I would love to make it a habit though.
Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Thanks. My goal is to continue also. There were two churches in my area that had 8am mass, w...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Thanks. My goal is to continue also. There were two churches in my area that had 8am mass, which I could easily go to before work. One church closed and the other changed their morning mass time. The 8 am mass at another neighboring church lasts at least 45 mins and I hate to walk out before the end of mass (or even before eucharist) so I don't go. I am currently going to 5:30 mass after work for Lent, even though I sometimes arrive late. I would love to make it a habit though.
--hide--

Well, this is our chance, Josephine to make it into a habit and then continue after Lent. I wil keep it as a prayer intention that some/many/all of us here will be given the grace to continue with daily Mass throughout Lent and ongoing after that!Praying

Feb 17th 2013 new

Patricia, thank you. Your actions this Holy Lent have inspired me to pick up again the practice of going to daily mass. I requested to work at my school because it started later and I could go to mass. Then I stopped going saying my work is a priority. I know Wed. I can't go due to meetings, but I can watch the mass on EWTN and any other days I have a conflict with work.
St. Gianna Beretta Molla knew what is was to put Christ 1st in her life. she was a Dr., a working mom, professional woman, and a loving wife.
In regards to those looking for scripture readings, try http://www.universalis.com for installing daily readings, saints' feast days, etc., that will automatically come up everyday on your computer. St. Gianna Molla, pray for us! Praying

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Liz-936112 said: Patricia, thank you. Your actions this Holy Lent have inspired me to pick up again the practice of ...
(Quote) Liz-936112 said:

Patricia, thank you. Your actions this Holy Lent have inspired me to pick up again the practice of going to daily mass. I requested to work at my school because it started later and I could go to mass. Then I stopped going saying my work is a priority. I know Wed. I can't go due to meetings, but I can watch the mass on EWTN and any other days I have a conflict with work.
St. Gianna Beretta Molla knew what is was to put Christ 1st in her life. she was a Dr., a working mom, professional woman, and a loving wife.
In regards to those looking for scripture readings, try http://www.universalis.com for installing daily readings, saints' feast days, etc., that will automatically come up everyday on your computer. St. Gianna Molla, pray for us!

--hide--

Liz, thank you so much for joining us in daily Mass and welcome to the forums! I have read a couple books about St. Gianna Beretta Molla - an incredible woman and now a saint! And, how good of you to tell us about another good internet site for daily readings, etc. rose

Feb 18th 2013 new

I just counted, and so far 33 CM members(including me) have made some type of committment here to go to Daily Mass (as they are able) or do the daily Readings for th 40 days of Lent!theheart This is wonderful!!!You get a Gold Star! Anyone else want to join us - it's neverr too late to start!hug

Posts 81 - 90 of 150