Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Norbert-98169 said: I'm from Texas, born and raised and I love it here. I'm not sure I'd anywhere else. ...
(Quote) Norbert-98169 said:

I'm from Texas, born and raised and I love it here. I'm not sure I'd anywhere else. I heard we are one of the most business friendly states in the union. I just heard on the radio this past weekend that a person who is only making minimum wage actually takes home an average of two dollars an hour more than someone in California. We have no state income tax and we're a right to work state. I even heard that California is getting to melt down or collapse financially. I love the highways and I think they're the best in the nation. When I was in the Marine Corps, I met other guys who were from California and they would make the distinction whether they're from southern or northern California. Here in Texas, we just say, "I'm from Texas". To us Texas is more than a state, it's an attitude.

--hide--

Well said, Norbert! And, we've got a great economy and lots of growing businesses. I've lived all over the US and a few countries and I've not come across the "attitude" in other places that Texans share with other Texans.

Cat

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I heard back in the 1800s there was one Texan that was kinda smart.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I heard back in the 1800s there was one Texan that was kinda smart.
--hide--

Tom was bored - I checked, there was no emoticon for a Maytag. lil mikie Close as I could find.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I am a transplant here in Texas from half-way across the globe for over 4 years now. Over the last 4 ...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I am a transplant here in Texas from half-way across the globe for over 4 years now. Over the last 4 years, Texas seems to have grown in me (I now drive a big truck, am comfortable wearing my boots, and have acquired the taste for biscuits with gravy and their chicken fried steak!). Having come from a very big and busy business capital city, I liked the warmth of the Texans. They are friendly, not in anyway snotty, and genuinely helpful. When they say "may I help you," they really mean it and not just saying it because it's part of their job. Also, I love their word of honor and the fact that a gentleman's agreement can be sealed with a handshake. Over all, yes I would say, Texans are of a different breed and it's a good breed.
--hide--

Good for you, Kahirup. Shout out to all Texans who came to defend this great state. cowboy You get a Gold Star!

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Tom was bored - I checked, there was no emoticon for a Maytag. Close as I could...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Tom was bored - I checked, there was no emoticon for a Maytag. Close as I could find.

--hide--
Is this one what you might've been looking for? stir the pot! Its getting cold!

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Is this one what you might've been looking for?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Is this one what you might've been looking for?
--hide--

Yeah! That's the one. Thanks, Lina.

Feb 18th 2013 new

Jerry, old pal, as the great William Shatner once said: GET A LIFE!!!!!!!

duck we are borg vulcan

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Clint-899913 said: I've noticed that many of the Texans that visit us in Alaska seem to lose their swagger...
(Quote) Clint-899913 said:

I've noticed that many of the Texans that visit us in Alaska seem to lose their swagger...

--hide--
Does that mean that the men of Alaska have more swagger? Maybe it is too cold there to have swagger? ha ha ha
Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Jane-933948 said: I'd move there....
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

I'd move there....

--hide--
ME TOO!
Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I met a Texan chap once, he came to NZL on a student exchange. He was a fine fellow, kind hearted and a real ge...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I met a Texan chap once, he came to NZL on a student exchange. He was a fine fellow, kind hearted and a real gentleman to boot.

It made me LMAO when I found he brought a year's supply of toothpaste because he thought we were all running around in flax skirts living in mud huts.

He also thought we didn't have roads, so brought several good pairs of tramping* boots.

*We call hiking tramping. He was somewhat insulted at first when we asked him if he enjoyed a good tramp.

--hide--
BWAHA HA HA THAT IS TOO FUNNY
Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Norbert-98169 said: I'm from Texas, born and raised and I love it here. I'm not sure I'd anywhere else. ...
(Quote) Norbert-98169 said:

I'm from Texas, born and raised and I love it here. I'm not sure I'd anywhere else. I heard we are one of the most business friendly states in the union. I just heard on the radio this past weekend that a person who is only making minimum wage actually takes home an average of two dollars an hour more than someone in California. We have no state income tax and we're a right to work state. I even heard that California is getting to melt down or collapse financially. I love the highways and I think they're the best in the nation. When I was in the Marine Corps, I met other guys who were from California and they would make the distinction whether they're from southern or northern California. Here in Texas, we just say, "I'm from Texas". To us Texas is more than a state, it's an attitude.

--hide--

Something to add about Texas women: Texas is home to some of the most beautiful, most capable women anywhere, sweet as sugar and tough as nails. Ebby Halliday, Mary Kay Ash are just two whose business savvy can rival any male businessman. Last I heard Miss Ebby was still going strong and she's past 100 now. My aunt was a little thing 4'10", they called her Shorty and she wore a small deringer in a garter holster, and when she felt it necessary took a six shooter with her, like the night she had to come rescue my husband and I when we had gotten lost and ended up on the wrong side of Paris, TX., late at night. She showed up in her housecoat, slippers, curlers and toting a six shooter. That was when I got scared lol. The funniest part of all of that, was that there wasn't a soul around, at all. I think Texas breeds some exceptional women.

Posts 41 - 50 of 55