Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Can't really believe how sharp some folks are being on a thread about the Pope retiring.... <...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Can't really believe how sharp some folks are being on a thread about the Pope retiring....

There is an interesting book called Petrus Romanus--the Final Pope Here written last year. Check it out if you are interested in this stuff. It reviews all the information, for and against, and you draw your own conclusions.

The titles are not literal...No pope would take the name of Peter...who would have the chutzpah to do that, take the name Peter II? No one. And the Roman could refer to something other than residence.

Cardinal Bertone's second name is Peter...and he was born in Romano Canavase, Italy.

Or Peter could refer to some aspect of what Peter did...like was a fisherman...denied Christ three times...stuff like that. Who knows?

Prophecy is full of metaphor. Jesus always taught in parables. Why did He do that? Let those hear who have the ears to hear it.

Not sure why you think the Book of Revelation is only for the Jews 2000 years ago, but to each his own conclusion.

Scripture instructs us to be wise as serpents, and to question everything. That is what I do--I seek out all kinds of information and knowledge, and then make my own decisions.

My faith is strong; Christ will come again when the Father wills it, and the next pope will be elected, and what will happen will happen. I am just an observer.

--hide--

Have you heard of this Book Pat? You might be interested in it.

"The Book of Destiny"-by Fr. Herman Bernard Kramer

Fr. Kramer spent over 30 years compiling this fantastic and frightening interpretation of the Apocalypse, which he took from the writings of The Fathers of The Church. Read how Red Communism is the scourge of God on sinful nations; who was given the "keys" of Hell, who the sun, the moon and the stars are. Weep at the apostasy of Rome when she overthrows the Vatican-Papacy. Read of her awesome fate for becoming the "Great Harlot" Understand why one-third of the human race will die in the Third World War. Do the Fathers say what the mark of the Beast will be? What does the number 666 mean? When do Henoch and Elias enter the drama? WHEN - WHY do we lose the Sacrifice of the Mass? For priests and laity alike. A great spiritual gift for all. Imprimatur.

Feb 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-919560 said: Thank you, Mary. I must be the only guy who buys a birthday cake and asks for "Happy Birthday To Me" o...
(Quote) Tom-919560 said:

Thank you, Mary. I must be the only guy who buys a birthday cake and asks for "Happy Birthday To Me" on it.

I have enjoyed today, especially some of the nice greetings from the good people, like you, here. Also, my students really were wonderful, writing notes and singing "Happy Birthday" all through the day...made it kinda' tough to teach geometry and algebra after that. So, we "chilled" most of the day. Oh, they want to know, "Can we have a pizza party?" Give 'em an inch and they want a mile!

Not everybody knows this, but kids really present some powerful hope for the world. They are full of love and kindness. JP II knew what he was doing by reaching out to the young. We gotta' keep that up; they can reverse the course, and I see that daily.

Ya hooooo!

--hide--

Tom you are so right John Paul was top notch and Pope Benedict followed in his footsteps to keep the youth attending Mass.

I'm glad the the kids gave you a very happy day! It takes a very special person to be able to teach our young people and to see they are our hope for the future.
Feb 18th 2013 new

I have not heard of this book; I will check it out! Thanks.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I have not heard of this book; I will check it out! Thanks.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I have not heard of this book; I will check it out! Thanks.

--hide--
You are welcome.

Another one is by Yves Dupont- "Catholic Phrophecy"

Book Description

"In our opinion, this is the best book of prophecy in print! Covers the Great Catholic Monarch, the Holy Pope, and the period before Antichrist, with excellent, excellent commentaries by Dupont. It seems totally impossible that so many prophecies from various countries and different centuries should all speak about the same time and the same historical characters. Shows the coalescing of Saints' prophecies on our times and our immediate future. 125 Pp. PB."

www.amazon.com

Feb 18th 2013 new

I'm not too big into these prophecies. The Malachy prophecy is going around now. Last year it was the Mayan calendar and before that Y2K and various Tim LaHaye-style raptures and whatnot. I think the real goal of endless prophecies is to burn people out so that they stop believing in the Church. God will decide when the world ends, not some saint, pope or Mayan priest. That is not to say that there is no symbolism in what happens in the world. There are people in the world, especially among the extremely powerful, who are occult devotees and find power in the use of specific numbers, signs, etc.

Feb 19th 2013 new

Dear Pat The pope did not retire he renounced the papacy. I am not trying to play a semantic game here. Pope Benedict is a brilliant man and I trust he chose his words carefully. I am with you. I was shocked and admit to be troubled by the news. I am a simple man and have followed the course of events closely and will continue to do so with a great deal of humility. This man is the vicar of christ and the successor of Peter. I am but a mere member of the flock looking to follow the sheperd.

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Were any of those still eligible to vote appointed before JPII?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Were any of those still eligible to vote appointed before JPII?

--hide--

No I mean they are Cardinals that Pope Benedict elevated, so I suppose they were Bishops or Priests under the last Pope

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-814080 said: Nilda, I didn't call the pope a liar, I was very surprised that he chose to step down. I'...
(Quote) Mary-814080 said:

Nilda, I didn't call the pope a liar, I was very surprised that he chose to step down. I'm glad he made a decision before he couldn't because of his health.

Jim on the other hand mentioned some conspiracy.

Did you get much snow??? 27 inches in Enfield
--hide--

Conspiracies are nothing but hot air and ignorance. His Holiness made the decision becaus HE decided that he could not give God, the Church or the Believers the effort, the skill and the energy HE thought was required.

Pope Benedict is a good and holy man of deep principle, high intelligence and sence of timing. He is doing what his conscience is telling him to do for the reasons he thinks are best for the Church, for us and most of all for God. He clearly believes that the prest College has the right man to take the challenge of leading the Church into the troubles and changes of the 21st century.

I too was surprised, but never concerned the Church will survive, as it always has. I never thought I would live to see a fifth Pope elected in my short life, true I was less than a week old when Paul VI was elected, and John Paul I lasted only 86 days before his supiscous recall to home office. No Im not a conspiracy theorist but I dont think it was all tickety boo with his short reign, but who am I to comment, I have seen enough shadow snooping to trust everything I hear and read mischievous

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: There are only 116 Cardinals eligible to vote. All of them have been appointed by either ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

There are only 116 Cardinals eligible to vote. All of them have been appointed by either Benedict or JPII.

However, there are still a few overly liberal Cardinals that may try to throw their weight around. One of those is the horrible Cardinal Mahoney from the USA who, although being censured by his successor still maintains he is innocent of any wrong doing and lIke both our former Presidents, Carter and Clinton desperately trying to establish a legacy for themselves.

As one of his final acts, it would be great if Benedict ruled Mahoney was ineligible to vote. Or maybe we will get lucky and the LA prosecutor will indict him and have him arrested before he leaves for Rome.

--hide--

He may miss his plane and not make it to Rome in time and then he will have to watch the Conclave in the cheap seats with us plebs. You can but hope. I just believe the Holy Spirit will provide the right man.

Its about time we had an Asian Oceanic or African Pope after all they make up 3/4 of the Church not the Europeans and certainly not the Italians. But ours is not to reason why....... eh

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Can't really believe how sharp some folks are being on a thread about the Pope retiring.... <...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Can't really believe how sharp some folks are being on a thread about the Pope retiring....

There is an interesting book called Petrus Romanus--the Final Pope Here written last year. Check it out if you are interested in this stuff. It reviews all the information, for and against, and you draw your own conclusions.

The titles are not literal...No pope would take the name of Peter...who would have the chutzpah to do that, take the name Peter II? No one. And the Roman could refer to something other than residence.

Cardinal Bertone's second name is Peter...and he was born in Romano Canavase, Italy.

Or Peter could refer to some aspect of what Peter did...like was a fisherman...denied Christ three times...stuff like that. Who knows?

Prophecy is full of metaphor. Jesus always taught in parables. Why did He do that? Let those hear who have the ears to hear it.

Not sure why you think the Book of Revelation is only for the Jews 2000 years ago, but to each his own conclusion.

Scripture instructs us to be wise as serpents, and to question everything. That is what I do--I seek out all kinds of information and knowledge, and then make my own decisions.

My faith is strong; Christ will come again when the Father wills it, and the next pope will be elected, and what will happen will happen. I am just an observer.

--hide--

I see where you are coming from but FAITH is the issue here not what some crackpot wrote about the Pope named Peter. And yese any Pope could take the name Peter, there is nothing wrong with that, nor is it disrespectful. There are many verions of Peter in many languages Peit (He may be South African or Dutch) you dont have to change your name if it is a Christian name, the new Pope may wish to be called by his baptised name. I would if I was elected Pope Patrick God help us all mischievous

As for Romano Canavase its not Rome and the "prophesy" is specific, and titles are literal, thats why we have them. Any know what Nostrodamus has to say on the subject? Someone must have applied him to this issue somewhere. Alternative "authors" always use him. Anyone know.

As you say have Faith, question and use your God given brain, but rely on the Holy Spirit to guide his Conclave. We have no say in what God wants. After all a metor hit the earth the other day in Russia and an asteroid passed by and gave us a kiss, so as you say What happens happens just so long as we get a laugh and a good man to lead us as He wills. The rest is just stuff

Posts 101 - 110 of 112