Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Favorite Jane Austen Quote

Feb 10th 2013 new

biggrin

I go first:

It is universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

Your turn laughing

Feb 11th 2013 new

Here is one I wish for everyone on CM:

“I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

because

Nobody minds having what is too good for them.
Jane Austen

Also I just love happy endings: “I purposefully abstain from dates on this occasion,that very one may be liberty to fix their own,aware that the cure of unconquerable passions,and the transfer of unchanging attachments,must vary much as to time in different people.---I only entreat every body to believe that exactly at the time when it was quite natural that it should be so, and not a week earlier,Edmund did cease to care about Miss Crawford, and become anxious to marry Fanny,as Fanny herself could desire.”
― Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
Feb 18th 2013 new

"....No! No. you may only call me"Mrs. Darcy" when you are completly and perfectly and incandescently happy. " "Then how are you Mrs. Darcy?" faint

Feb 18th 2013 new

oops I left out "Then how are you this evening Mrs. Darcy?" faint

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Raphael-888821 said: I go first: It is universally acknowledged, that a single man...
(Quote) Raphael-888821 said:

I go first:

It is universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

Your turn

--hide--

I Love this thread!!

Feb 18th 2013 new

"All the privilege I claim for my own sex (it is not a very enviable one; you need not covet it), is that of loving longest, when existence or when hope is gone."- Persuasion

"I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you." - Persuasion

Feb 18th 2013 new

Do movies count?...I've never read Jane Austen....I think I may have seen a movie once...it was called Pride and ????.....I can't remember....

Elizabeth: "Do you dance Mr Darcy?"

Mr Darcy: "Not if I can help it."

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: Do movies count?...I've never read Jane Austen....I think I may have seen a movie once....
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

Do movies count?...I've never read Jane Austen....I think I may have seen a movie once...it was called Pride and ????.....I can't remember....

Elizabeth: "Do you dance Mr Darcy?"

Mr Darcy: "Not if I can help it."

--hide--

In case you guys did not know it. Jim is our resident Mr. Darcy.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: In case you guys did not know it. Jim is our resident Mr. Darcy.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

--hide--
Rock on Shara..I like the way you think!!! wave cupid Bow clap lil mikie shamrock

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: In case you guys did not know it. Jim is our resident Mr. Darcy.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

--hide--

I've never even been to Pemberley!!! Whatever that is....

Posts 1 - 10 of 38