Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Feb 17th 2013 new
Katherine, some of the best relationships start out as friends first. Give this guy an opportunity to be a friend. In order to do that, you look at him the way God looks at him, as His beloved son. You don't have to chase or pursue, but when you encounter him, just treat him like you would any of your other guy friends. But always smile. Your annulment may not be final yet, but it will one day. By then you have found out a lot about him including the unpleasant stuff (hey who is perfect?). When the scenerio's start, just stop them and think about him as a son of the Father.

You may be surprised at what door opens down the road. AND he will have had a chance to get to know you as a daughter of the most high God!
Feb 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Well I ended up sitting at the table with the priest and six older ladies who are widows, so we spent the w...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Well I ended up sitting at the table with the priest and six older ladies who are widows, so we spent the whole dinner talking about Father's retreat and the ministry he wants to start for widows. That was fine. Limited my conversation with the other fellow to when I broke the dishwasher trying to help with dishes after dinner, he was trying to fix it after I gave up, then he gave up on it too. So my lesson is: don't make all these "what if" scenarios in my own head, because odds are I work myself up over nothing. :)

--hide--
Good for you! We just have to live in the moments and not create the drama in our minds! God Bless you while you walk through your annulment process
Feb 18th 2013 new
I hope you went
Posts 21 - 23 of 23