Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Who loves baking?

Feb 18th 2013 new

I bought some 90% dark chocolate awhile ago and the other day I decided to try it wide eyed eyepopping crazy It was not what I was expecting. I'm not sure what other people think of chocolate that dark. So, I came up with the idea to chop up the dark chocolate bar into tiny pieces and add it to chocolate chip cookie mix and it came out perfect. biggrin tongue cloudnine If I could I would share with everyone on here cookie

Anyone else use a chocolate bar to make cookies?

Feb 18th 2013 new
I have not tried that but I do mix milk and dark chocolate chips in my cookies. It makes them not quite so sweet to me. My preference is dark chocolate over milk, but I don't think ive ever seen 90% dark chocolate on a candy bar. Very clever.
Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I bought some 90% dark chocolate awhile ago and the other day I decided to try it It was not wh...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

I bought some 90% dark chocolate awhile ago and the other day I decided to try it It was not what I was expecting. I'm not sure what other people think of chocolate that dark. So, I came up with the idea to chop up the dark chocolate bar into tiny pieces and add it to chocolate chip cookie mix and it came out perfect. If I could I would share with everyone on here

Anyone else use a chocolate bar to make cookies?

--hide--

I love to bake and at Christmas one of the cookies I make is double chocolate, chocolate chip cookies and I use a mix of dark and milk chocolate chunks.

I also do a chocolate peppermint cookie where I use hershey's choclate powder to flavor the dough to a dark chocolate flovor and add andes chocolate peppermint chunks in. These are a huge hit with the teachers and principal at my daughter's school. I also make a white peppermint icing for the tops and sprinkle the tops with candy cane bits.

Feb 18th 2013 new

Never actually used a bar, but I have used the semi-sweet chocolate squares for baking for cookies once. Was a pain to cut up, so guessing the bar is a bit easier for that. But otherwise use the chocolate squares in a variety of recipes including bread pudding. Also just to let you know, they make a 99% cocoa bar. If you thought the 90% was rough wait till you find that one.

Feb 18th 2013 new

I use bittersweet chocolate (75-90% cacoa) to make some really awesome triple chocolate cookies. You melt the bars and add the chocolate into the dough along with some cocoa powder and then some semisweet chocolate chips. The vanilla and instant coffee powder in the recipe also bring out all the chocolateyness. heart biggrin

I had some left over from giving away to friends on Fat Tuesday and I didn't want them looking at me all week long until Sunday, so I made little sandwiches with them by spreading peanut butter/nutella between them. tongue

Feb 18th 2013 new

I guess I should be more specific. I actually took one of those food choppers www.amazon.com to chop up the candy bar, almost into a powder but not quite (so basically it still had small chunks of chocolate bar). I added a little more sugar than the recipe called for and I added the semi-sweet chocolate chips. I also added an extra teaspoon of vanilla to sweeten the cookies up. I don't think that the cookies will last til the weekend, knowing my family and sweets. biggrin

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I also do a chocolate peppermint cookie where I use hershey's choclate powder to flavor the d...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I also do a chocolate peppermint cookie where I use hershey's choclate powder to flavor the dough to a dark chocolate flovor and add andes chocolate peppermint chunks in.

--hide--

Another Andes trick is to put the small mints on top of brownies about 5 minutes before they are done baking, then putting the pan back in the oven.

Feb 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Another Andes trick is to put the small mints on top of brownies about 5 minutes before t...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Another Andes trick is to put the small mints on top of brownies about 5 minutes before they are done baking, then putting the pan back in the oven.

--hide--

Who knew??? scratchchin Jerry the Chef. shhh What other tricks do you have up your sleeve? biggrin

Feb 19th 2013 new

I chop up a chocolate bar and add it to our waffle batter. Makes the best waffles :)

Feb 19th 2013 new

I love gals baking and cooking for me biggrin Chef cheese Happy Birthday! Coffee Mmmm.... Donut.... stir the pot! Its getting cold! Turkey! clap

Posts 1 - 10 of 12