Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of what has bee...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of what has been posted refer to deal breakers that can only discerned after getting to know the other person more. My question here refers to deal breakers that are "apparent and readily discernible from the written profile" as presented here. So, solely based on one's written profile, what are the deal breakers for you that will sufficiently make you say "sorry, but I think we are not a match" or maybe say NEXT! The more specific the responses, the better. And we are talking solely of those that one can appreciate from the written profile as presented.

Also, what are your thoughts about the person going into specifics as to why they think you're not a match? E.g. "I am sorry but I think we are not a match because ____________". Notwithstanding the emotion associated with rejection, I feel that I can deal with it better knowing what made the lady think we are not a match rather than be kept wondering why... but then again, that might just be me.

Thanks!

--hide--
My deal breakers are Regular smokers, people who will only do within driving distance, and those who want children of their own. At this age in my life I probably can't help with that in the long run.
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: My deal breakers are Regular smokers, people who will only do within driving distance, and those who w...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: My deal breakers are Regular smokers, people who will only do within driving distance, and those who want children of their own. At this age in my life I probably can't help with that in the long run.
--hide--

My dealbreakers are women who aren't within a half-day drive, at this point, those who do not want to attempt to have children of their own, and low maintenance to the point of careless appearance. Not into slobs or super tomboys. Sorry. I want you to play on my co-rec team but have a dress(es) for special occasions or for professional reasons.

Feb 19th 2013 new

bright orange teeth.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: My dealbreakers are women who aren't within a half-day drive, at this point, thos...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

My dealbreakers are women who aren't within a half-day drive, at this point, those who do not want to attempt to have children of their own, and low maintenance to the point of careless appearance. Not into slobs or super tomboys. Sorry. I want you to play on my co-rec team but have a dress(es) for special occasions or for professional reasons.

--hide--

Dude, Sabetha Kansas is a day's drive from anywhere!!!! wink

Feb 19th 2013 new
My deal breakers are smokers, and someone with pet reptiles, especially snakes.
Feb 19th 2013 new

My newest deal-breaker ... not in my profile ... is when I speak with a guy and he asks me no questions about myself and only talks about himself. other ones have to do with pet rats, weight requirements, huge misspellings, pro-abortion, and no legit excuse for skipping sunday services.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: My deal breakers are smokers, and someone with pet reptiles, especially snakes.
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: My deal breakers are smokers, and someone with pet reptiles, especially snakes.
--hide--

Guess that rules out the Florida guys who caught the 11' python in the Everglades hunt?

Feb 19th 2013 new

Game players...and I don't mean the video variety. One thing that really puts me off is a man that needs to tell me that he's writing to this one and that one and this one...I mean, we all correspond with many people at the same time, it's a given, but I don't need to hear about, ESPECIALLYL if he chooses to say the same thing to all the women he corresponds with, seriously?! For a young man just getting into the dating scene, maybe, but the man in his 40's 50's and maybe beyond...errr...no...frat boy mentality not acceptable!! Just saying...Those allergic to saying the truth, yeah, don't care for those neither.

Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: bright orange teeth.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

bright orange teeth.

--hide--

David,

The only acceptable time for bright orange teeth is during a Bengals/Browns football game and we all know who would win that event.
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Kate-912649 said: My newest deal-breaker ... is when I speak with a guy and he asks me no questions about myself ....
(Quote) Kate-912649 said: My newest deal-breaker ... is when I speak with a guy and he asks me no questions about myself ....
--hide--

clap clap clap clap
Very true!

Posts 11 - 20 of 94