Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

What attracts you?

Feb 18th 2013 new

I'm attracted to a spiritual man especially if he can sing and play an instrument and sing praise to God. It isn't a prerequisite, but it does attract me.

Feb 18th 2013 new

Things that attract me:

- CHARITY
- brains
- humor
- wilingness/eagerness to try something new

That said, a guy gets extra points if he's clean-shaven, slim, and shorter than 5'8". wink

Feb 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I'm attracted to a spiritual man especially if he can sing and play an instrument and sing praise to God. ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I'm attracted to a spiritual man especially if he can sing and play an instrument and sing praise to God. It isn't a prerequisite, but it does attract me.

--hide--
It turns out i have a type. Who knew... ha ha ha I really admire men of faith. I love learning from them! I am attracted to words. A man who has a command of vocabulary is fascinating. I have met never married men and married men so if they love their families in whatever capacity they have available to them I find that wonderful! If they work hard that is also admirable. My Dad was a hard worker and I have been a hard worker and can relate to it I guess. All of this is attractive and it doesn't have to follow in that order necessarily and each aspect can be in various levels but these are the gists of things. This is the A list of things... I also have a B list of things that I find to be attractive an endearing to me.
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: It turns out i have a type. Who knew... ha ha ha I really admire men of faith. I love learning from th...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: It turns out i have a type. Who knew... ha ha ha I really admire men of faith. I love learning from them! I am attracted to words. A man who has a command of vocabulary is fascinating. I have met never married men and married men so if they love their families in whatever capacity they have available to them I find that wonderful! If they work hard that is also admirable. My Dad was a hard worker and I have been a hard worker and can relate to it I guess. All of this is attractive and it doesn't have to follow in that order necessarily and each aspect can be in various levels but these are the gists of things. This is the A list of things... I also have a B list of things that I find to be attractive an endearing to me.
--hide--

I think when we are attracted to men of faith, it is an attraction to God. I just noticed above that I said "it isn't a prerequisite" at the end of my post....being a man of faith IS a prerequisite. I meant playing an instrument isn't.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Things that attract me:- CHARITY- brains- humor- wilingness/eagerness to try ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Things that attract me:

- CHARITY
- brains
- humor
- wilingness/eagerness to try something new

That said, a guy gets extra points if he's clean-shaven, slim, and shorter than 5'8".

--hide--
Humor is a good one...didn't think of that. I hear marriages last longer when the couples can joke with each other over there "tiffs". I wonder where the guys are on this.

Feb 19th 2013 new
Kindness and generosity. Not necessarily with money but with time, or talents. what does he do dornothers, and welcoming others. Of course a sense of humor and a kind smile
Feb 19th 2013 new

I think a manly (rugged good looks) man with a robust, genuine smile or laugh is very attractive. A man with a good sense of humor (dry humor is good too). A man who is not shy about showing his love for the Lord and is compassionate.

What does not attract, is a man who flaunts his money, education and physical prowess. My two cents

Feb 19th 2013 new

[quote]Nilda-834707 said: I think a manly (rugged good looks) man with a robust, genuine smile or laugh is very attractive. A man with a good sense of humor (dry humor is good too). A man who is not shy about showing his love for the Lord and is compassionate.

I like your 2 cents, Nilda. Hate it that we are looking for the same man.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I think when we are attracted to men of faith, it is an attraction to God. I just notice...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I think when we are attracted to men of faith, it is an attraction to God. I just noticed above that I said "it isn't a prerequisite" at the end of my post....being a man of faith IS a prerequisite. I meant playing an instrument isn't.

--hide--

It works both ways I am attracted to women of faith and you are right Cheryl it is like an attraction to God. The other quality I would use is compassion.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Kindness and generosity. Not necessarily with money but with time, or talents. what does he do dorno...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Kindness and generosity. Not necessarily with money but with time, or talents. what does he do dornothers, and welcoming others. Of course a sense of humor and a kind smile
--hide--

Elizabeth (love your name by the way as it is my confirmatin St.'s name), what do you mean by "what does he do domothers"? Do you mean does he love his mother? I think that would be a good one because I heard that the way a man treats his mom is how he will treat his wife...heard this anyway...don't know how true it is.

Posts 1 - 10 of 90