Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

After reading John's funny story of the good old days of Catholic school I started thinking of a few of mine and I thought that it might be nice to hear a few of yours.

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: After reading John's funny story of the good old days of Catholic school I started thinking o...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

After reading John's funny story of the good old days of Catholic school I started thinking of a few of mine and I thought that it might be nice to hear a few of yours.

--hide--
In the 1950's there was nothing funny about Catholic elementary school. shocked

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: In the 1950's there was nothing funny about Catholic elementary school.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

In the 1950's there was nothing funny about Catholic elementary school.

--hide--

Trust me I can somewhat understand what you mean. But even the strict stories, now that I look back on them with the distance of years, can be funny when you look back at them and the absurdness.

02/17/2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Trust me I can somewhat understand what you mean. But even the strict stories, now that ...

Trust me I can somewhat understand what you mean. But even the strict stories, now that I look back on them with the distance of years, can be funny when you look back at them and the absurdness.

--hide--
You're absolutely right Shara, my siblings and I do laugh when we look back on those times!

Thanks, Pete

02/18/2013 new

When I got out of line duck sad weeping

02/19/2013 new
While praying the Hail Mary (not me) a little boy said "blessed art those swimmin women" in stead of "blessed art thou amongst women"
02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: While praying the Hail Mary (not me) a little boy said "blessed art those swimmin women" i...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: While praying the Hail Mary (not me) a little boy said "blessed art those swimmin women" in stead of "blessed art thou amongst women"
--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing

02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: After reading John's funny story of the good old days of Catholic school I started thinking o...

--hide--
In the 1960s I attended St. Mary school, and my girlfriend and I would help the nuns with some of their chores after school at the convent. One day, my girlfriend dared me to walk up the stairs to their living quarters to see if they were truly bald. As we were creeping up the stairs we saw the nuns casually going about their business, when a loud noise startled us and we ran down the stairs. There was a large finial at the bottom of the stair railing that was loose and came off as my friend struggled to keep it from falling on the floor. We managed to put it back without them ever knowing we were snooping on them. We laughed so hard! shhh

PS: We didn't see any bald nuns. laughing

02/19/2013 new

I knew someone (65 years old) who said, "a monk swimmin'".

02/19/2013 new

I only spent one year in a Catholic school but I got my share of detentions for the silliest things.

To mention a couple. Once for singing in the hall. What can I say. The old building had great acoustics! tongue

And another for telling someone I was gonna beat her up. Mind you I am 5 foot, she, 6 foot, a close friend, and laughing in my face at the time. Is it possible I could of been joking and also very very likely that she didn't feel threatened? Well the house mother didn't seem to think so. Oh well, what can ya do?!

Posts 1 - 10 of 62