Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

I ask for your prayers for Metropolitan Jonah the former head of the Orthodox Church in America who will be visiting my Melkite Catholic parish that the Holy Spirit will lead him into full communion with the Catholic Church.

He's an extremely holy man who fell victim to the wolves in his jurisdiction last year. He was deposed because he was more concerned with being a pastor than an administrator or a politician.
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I ask for your prayers for Metropolitan Jonah the former head of the Orthodox Church in America who will ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I ask for your prayers for Metropolitan Jonah the former head of the Orthodox Church in America who will be visiting my Melkite Catholic parish that the Holy Spirit will lead him into full communion with the Catholic Church.

He's an extremely holy man who fell victim to the wolves in his jurisdiction last year. He was deposed because he was more concerned with being a pastor than an administrator or a politician.
--hide--

+JMJ+

Praying

Feb 19th 2013 new

The OCA was the Orthodox Church that was boosted in part by Alexis Toth in the 1890s and early 20th century. A huge number of the Ruthenian catholics went to it back in the day, when it was still part of the Russian Orthodox Church if I recall correctly.

en.wikipedia.org

Feb 19th 2013 new

Praying

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+
(Quote) Joseph-2737 said:

+JMJ+

--hide--

Praying rosary

The latter can be considered a чётки, a prayer rope.

Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The OCA was the Orthodox Church that was boosted in part by Alexis Toth in the 1890s and early 20th century. ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

The OCA was the Orthodox Church that was boosted in part by Alexis Toth in the 1890s and early 20th century. A huge number of the Ruthenian catholics went to it back in the day, when it was still part of the Russian Orthodox Church if I recall correctly.

en.wikipedia.org

--hide--

The OCA is autocephalous (self-headed) in that it elects its own primate without approval from another patriarchate or metropolitanate.

The Eastern Catholic canonical requirement for the Pope to approve the election of Eastern Catholic patriarchs and metropolitans is ahistorical. In the first millennium they just notified the Pope of their election and the Pope did likewise.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6