Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

blind dates

Jan 13th 2013 new

Hi there everyone,

Well I went and did it....I invited my date to mass lastnight then we went for dinner. Things were going good I thought. Anyways I started hearing some troubling news from her brothers girl friend (high school classmates)...she was telling me how she never punishes her kid. So I thought I heard enough I'm going to confront her on this because once her divorce is actually finalized if she really wants to be with she must come clean on what's going on.

In the end will the relationship work? Probably not because if she is keeping things from me and i have to find out from other people close to her then what will that say about future. Granted I belief in redemption, and there is always hope for people.

so the search goes on

take care

Jan 13th 2013 new

I don't know how to ask this without sounding harsh so I guess I'll just ask, why is she dating before she is divorced? Why are you dating someone who is married? That's what struck me first and I don't know any specifics. I guess I really want to understand why people do that and do want to hear your thoughts regarding this.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ben-577860 said: Hi there everyone, Well I went and did it....I invited my date to mass lastnight then we wen...
(Quote) Ben-577860 said:

Hi there everyone,

Well I went and did it....I invited my date to mass lastnight then we went for dinner. Things were going good I thought. Anyways I started hearing some troubling news from her brothers girl friend (high school classmates)...she was telling me how she never punishes her kid. So I thought I heard enough I'm going to confront her on this because once her divorce is actually finalized if she really wants to be with she must come clean on what's going on.

In the end will the relationship work? Probably not because if she is keeping things from me and i have to find out from other people close to her then what will that say about future. Granted I belief in redemption, and there is always hope for people.

so the search goes on

take care

--hide--
A first date is little early to be giving her the third degree, isn't it? How can she be keeping anything from you? No one learns everything after only one date. Great way to scare the ladies away.

Jan 13th 2013 new

forget I even brought up!

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ben-577860 said: Hi there everyone, Well I went and did it....I invited my date to mass lastnight then we wen...
(Quote) Ben-577860 said:

Hi there everyone,

so the search goes on

take care

--hide--

Why are you assuming that the information you received secondhand is the truth? I'm not even going to comment on the part that she isn't even divorced yet...

Cat

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Ben-577860 said: forget I even brought up!
(Quote) Ben-577860 said:

--hide--

OOPS. Move along, move along. There are better options out there, Ben, and I know you will find them!

Feb 19th 2013 new

Well I am not divorced yet but on the last leg of the divorce. My marriage has been over for a year or more and I tried so hard to keep it together but it didn't work. The marriage is dead and gone it is just a formallity now. So if someone came into the picture what would be wrong with nuturing a relationship. A relationship would begin with a friendship that would hopefully evovle into more down the road by that time I would be divorced. It is not like the marriage is in existance anyhow. Also the person you are building a relationship is not building one with someone that is in a married relationship so they are not breaking up any ones marriage or tearing apart someones family.

Feb 20th 2013 new

test

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-920613 said: test
(Quote) Mary-920613 said:

test

--hide--
Mary, many Catholic folks want to marry in the church ultimately. That can't happen until an annulment has been determined. That is in part why people are concerned. The divorce may have taken place and the church recognizes that divorce must happen sometimes but they do not teach, that just because the divorce is complete that the sacrament is dissolved. Once a sacrament has happened it is done. The annulment process only looks at whether or not all the elements were intact in the beginning to see if the sacrament was really valid at its onset. May God bless you and Grant you peace as you walk closer and closer to Him.
Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Ben-577860 said: forget I even brought up!
(Quote) Ben-577860 said:

--hide--
Ben may God bless your search! May he help you find someone who is all that you need her to be and in whom you can be all that she needs as well
Posts 1 - 10 of 14