Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I don't think it's a guy thing. I think it's a generational thing. When we're young, we ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I don't think it's a guy thing. I think it's a generational thing. When we're young, we say, I want someone who likes to go dancing, reads Shakespeare, and can cook. When we are older, we are more content to accept that we can dance with someone else, read Shakespeare alone while the other person is immersed in DC comics, and and can do the cooking ourselves.
--hide--

Marge,

Well stated! clap Ahhh, the wisdom and serinity that our age adds to our wonderfully complete picture!! wink

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Kate-912649 said: My newest deal-breaker ... not in my profile ... is when I speak with a guy and he asks me...
(Quote) Kate-912649 said:

My newest deal-breaker ... not in my profile ... is when I speak with a guy and he asks me no questions about myself and only talks about himself. other ones have to do with pet rats, weight requirements, huge misspellings, pro-abortion, and no legit excuse for skipping sunday services.

--hide--

I third this!

But profile deal breakers: guys who aren't open to dating outside their area (aside from legitimite reasons, like taking care of elderly parents, etc.), who say "phyiscally fit" women (fitness is not always evident from a particular shape or size) or has super strict ideas about what your spiritual life should be like (Holy Spirit speaks to us in different ways.)

Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Scott-944532 said: Hi! I'm basically a Noob here, but I guess as I guy, I don't have "dealbreakers" so much as ...
(Quote) Scott-944532 said:

Hi! I'm basically a Noob here, but I guess as I guy, I don't have "dealbreakers" so much as I have "dealmakers." My reasoning is more like: I'm looking for really cool traits that resonate with my own interests instead of avoiding attributes that make me cringe on the inside. Is this just a guy thing?

--hide--

My problem is that almost no one discusses my deal-makers.
Feb 19th 2013 new

Hi Kahirup,

This is a good question, but I am not sure I have an answer of my own, lol. Scrupulosity and arrogance give me pause. I am not generally concerned with those who aren't 7/7, I figure those are topics for discussion. People's thoughts and beliefs about them are generally far deeper and more nuanced than a simple yes or no answer. I'd hope they would want to discuss them with me. I'm generally not concerned with whether or not they are interested in a long distance relationship or moving. I like my current residence, love my home, my friends, family, my children. But, if I am being led somewhere else I hope I will follow, or they will come. Besides it is still the opportunity to make new friends.

Feb 19th 2013 new
Not a Saints fan???? DEALBREAKER!!!!! I have no other requirements. Cough, cough, cough.
Feb 19th 2013 new

My brow furrows more and more as I read a man's laundry list of his super-ideal, super-busy, super-toned, super-athletic, super-attractive, super-world traveler, super-sexy, super-fun party girl. To me, it doesn't appear this 'super-man' is looking for anything more than a fun date.

No thanks. GOod luck!

I am more interested in a man who desires to build a family, to create a warm and welcoming home together, to pray together and help each other get to heaven, to practice our Catholic faith in small, daily ways, to meet his lifelong companion and helpmate, to meet a woman who greets him with a genuine smile and one he can't wait to come home to, to find the woman God intends for him to love, protect, honor and share life's journey with.

That is how I describe MY Superman.

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Not a Saints fan???? DEALBREAKER!!!!! I have no other requirements. Cough, cough, cough.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Not a Saints fan???? DEALBREAKER!!!!! I have no other requirements. Cough, cough, cough.
--hide--

Yeah, cher.

Feb 20th 2013 new
I never considered whether a guy I dated was a dog lover until I dated this guy who had a dog phobia. Not joking! I love my dog dearly. We have been together for 9 years, and I would like to have more dogs in the future, so if a match doesn't like dogs, that is definitely a deal breaker for me!
Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: My brow furrows more and more as I read a man's laundry list of his super-ideal, super-busy, ...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

My brow furrows more and more as I read a man's laundry list of his super-ideal, super-busy, super-toned, super-athletic, super-attractive, super-world traveler, super-sexy, super-fun party girl. To me, it doesn't appear this 'super-man' is looking for anything more than a fun date.

No thanks. GOod luck!

I am more interested in a man who desires to build a family, to create a warm and welcoming home together, to pray together and help each other get to heaven, to practice our Catholic faith in small, daily ways, to meet his lifelong companion and helpmate, to meet a woman who greets him with a genuine smile and one he can't wait to come home to, to find the woman God intends for him to love, protect, honor and share life's journey with.

That is how I describe MY Superman.

--hide--
Nice post Tracy! I will add that the same feeling occurs to me when I read a womans laundry list of her ideal 'superman' Either way, these people are blind to real love. They fail to see the blessings in front of them, rather, seeing only what they wish to create. That's NOT love, but your second paragraph describes love very well!

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of what has been posted refer to deal breakers that can only discerned after getting to know the other person more. My question here refers to deal breakers that are "apparent and readily discernible from the written profile" as presented here. So, solely based on one's written profile, what are the deal breakers for you that will sufficiently make you say "sorry, but I think we are not a match" or maybe say NEXT! The more specific the responses, the better. And we are talking solely of those that one can appreciate from the written profile as presented.

Also, what are your thoughts about the person going into specifics as to why they think you're not a match? E.g. "I am sorry but I think we are not a match because ____________". Notwithstanding the emotion associated with rejection, I feel that I can deal with it better knowing what made the lady think we are not a match rather than be kept wondering why... but then again, that might just be me.

Thanks!

--hide--

Anyone that puts "dealbreaker" in their profile.. laughing laughing laughing faint

Posts 31 - 40 of 94