Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Feb 13th 2013 new

Beautiful prayer.

I was involved in divorce ministry for many years & I have a whole collection of prayers. I will try to share them one by one.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Beautiful prayer. I was involved in divorce ministry for many years & I have a whole c...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Beautiful prayer.

I was involved in divorce ministry for many years & I have a whole collection of prayers. I will try to share them one by one.

--hide--

Thank you Carol.... I'll be looking forward to seeing them... rose rose rose

Feb 20th 2013 new

Here is a prayer that is appropriate for loss of relationship:

O, God, this is a time to grieve and a season to seek. The loss of love leaves a deep chasm to be mourned and a wound to be healed. Send your healing now to embrace this heart that hurts for having loved. One day at a time, through prayer, may a circle of love form around this wounded heart, a circle that proclaims, "You are not alone, for those who care stand with you in a holy circle, both in the best of times and in the worst of times."

--Wm. John Fitzgerald

Words of Comfort

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Here is a prayer that is appropriate for loss of relationship: O, God, this is a time to g...

O, God, this is a time to grieve and a season to seek. The loss of love leaves a deep chasm to be mourned and a wound to be healed. Send your healing now to embrace this heart that hurts for having loved. One day at a time, through prayer, may a circle of love form around this wounded heart, a circle that proclaims, "You are not alone, for those who care stand with you in a holy circle, both in the best of times and in the worst of times."

--Wm. John Fitzgerald

Words of Comfort

So Beautiful Carol...!!!

You have no idea how much I needed to hear this prayer today.... God's amazing!

His Peace to you my friend... rose rose rose

--hide--

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Here is a prayer that is appropriate for loss of relationship: O, God, this is a time to g...

--Wm. John Fitzgerald

Words of Comfort

--hide--

So Beautiful Carol...!!!

You have no idea how much I needed to hear this prayer today.... God's amazing!

His Peace to you my friend... rose rose rose

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: Wasn't exactly sure whether to place this in prayer support or here... but I ran across this gem in Lisa D...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

Wasn't exactly sure whether to place this in prayer support or here... but I ran across this gem in Lisa Duffy's book "Divorced. Catholic. What Next?" These thoughts seem to be especially appropriate this Christmas season when so many of us deal with displaced family relations. It touched me to the core, bringing out in concrete ways the heartbreaking inner turmoil we deal with, then pointing us towards true healing. I know I can't do this on my own, but with Our Lord's unfailing help & hope in us, anything's possible...

Would love to know if any of you have grappled with these thoughts & found either success or struggles?

His Peace my CM family...

Debbie

Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Replace the tension in us with a holy relaxation...

Replace the turbulence within us with a sacred calm...

Replace the anxiety within us with a quiet confidence...

Replace the fear within us with a strong faith...

Replace the bitterness within us with the sweetness of grace...

Replace the darkness within us with a gentle light...

Replace the coldness within us with a loving warmth...

Replace the night within us with your light...

Straighten our crookedness, fill our emptiness...

Dull the edge of our pride, sharpen the edge of our humility...

Light the fires of love, quench the flames of our lust...

Let us see ourselves as you see us

that we may see you as you have promised

and be fortunate according to your word:

"Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God (Mt. 5:8)

--hide--
This is beautiful. I have felt sucha transformation of peace since my divorce. I use to pray a mantra Please Lord help me to be polite, kind and respectful. over and over I'd pray it. That prayer effected even how I treated others beyond my ex husband as well as myself. Thank you for sharing this lovely prayer.
Feb 22nd 2013 new

The following is from Marion Bond West's Restoration Formula. She was widowed, but I believe this is appropriate for divorced people as well.

No matter what is taken from you, if you keep your eyes on Jesus and praise Him, He will restore it to you. You will be joyful to the exact same degree you have hurt. What you have lost will be replaced...joy for mourning...beauty for ashes...

God, I don't see how it could possibly work now. I don't see how You will ever come to me again in any shape or form. But I won't limit You, so I'm going to remember this moment for the rest of my life. And if and when You restore the years that the locusts have eaten, I will tell people about it. I am committing to You to remember this agony, and if you can come up with some kind of joy to the equivalent that I hurt, You are truly a God of miracles.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: This is beautiful. I have felt sucha transformation of peace since my divorce. I use to pray a mantra ...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: This is beautiful. I have felt sucha transformation of peace since my divorce. I use to pray a mantra Please Lord help me to be polite, kind and respectful. over and over I'd pray it. That prayer effected even how I treated others beyond my ex husband as well as myself. Thank you for sharing this lovely prayer.
--hide--

You're welcome Loretta... What a great idea to use a simple phrase to get a hold of one's emotions...

I would have to say the same about being transformed, though it's taken a good while & been a real battle to win that peace. I have regular contact with my ex due to the kids needs, and I can say now that there is real peace between us. It took a ton of prayer & soul searching but now many people remark on the witness we are to a genuinely civil divorce. But this was not my plan! There is still lingering pain & resentment I catch floating in my head in off moments. But I'm sooooooooo much happier now. The whole family is actually, and all I can do is praise God for letting it all come about.... *amazed* rose rose rose

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: The following is from Marion Bond West's Restoration Formula. She was widowed, but I believe ...

The following is from Marion Bond West's Restoration Formula. She was widowed, but I believe this is appropriate for divorced people as well.

No matter what is taken from you, if you keep your eyes on Jesus and praise Him, He will restore it to you. You will be joyful to the exact same degree you have hurt. What you have lost will be replaced...joy for mourning...beauty for ashes...

God, I don't see how it could possibly work now. I don't see how You will ever come to me again in any shape or form. But I won't limit You, so I'm going to remember this moment for the rest of my life. And if and when You restore the years that the locusts have eaten, I will tell people about it. I am committing to You to remember this agony, and if you can come up with some kind of joy to the equivalent that I hurt, You are truly a God of miracles.

--hide--

I love this Carol!

It's so honest... One thing I really appreciated about Lisa Duffy's book is that she doesn't negate the horrible pain & disjointed confusion that reigns inside divorced people. It's a tearing of the very fabric of our souls. Divorce is so common now days that one is expected to just pick up the pieces and go find someone new just like everyone else. But it's not that simple. I love the joy & expectant faith expressed in this little prayer... Our loving God WILL restore every tear into something exquisite & good.... Thank you for your post... rose rose rose

Feb 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: (Quote) Loretta-678584 said: This is beautiful. I have felt sucha transformation of peace sinc...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

Quote:
Loretta-678584 said: This is beautiful. I have felt sucha transformation of peace since my divorce. I use to pray a mantra Please Lord help me to be polite, kind and respectful. over and over I'd pray it. That prayer effected even how I treated others beyond my ex husband as well as myself. Thank you for sharing this lovely prayer.

You're welcome Loretta... What a great idea to use a simple phrase to get a hold of one's emotions...

I would have to say the same about being transformed, though it's taken a good while & been a real battle to win that peace. I have regular contact with my ex due to the kids needs, and I can say now that there is real peace between us. It took a ton of prayer & soul searching but now many people remark on the witness we are to a genuinely civil divorce. But this was not my plan! There is still lingering pain & resentment I catch floating in my head in off moments. But I'm sooooooooo much happier now. The whole family is actually, and all I can do is praise God for letting it all come about.... *amazed*

--hide--
I'm glad that you have found peace
Posts 11 - 20 of 24