Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

good traits, habits, talents beliefs etc.....which you recall about your PARENTS? (funny traits are good too!)

I'll start off with my parents who would have us say the "Family Rosary" every evening when possible.

02/20/2013 new

Did I say they loved to dance? youtu.be

(a little grainy but was a long time ago) In the background it's a little dark but you might see someone you recognize wink

02/20/2013 new

My parents were from Lithuania, and spoke in their native language at home. I remember being around 5 years old and noticing that, whenever my dad entered the room and wanted to talk with my mother, he said the Lithuanian word for "Listen"--he never called her by name. One day I said to my mother, "I don't think Dad knows your name because he keeps calling you 'Listen'."

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: My parents were from Lithuania, and spoke in their native language at home. I remember being aroun...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

My parents were from Lithuania, and spoke in their native language at home. I remember being around 5 years old and noticing that, whenever my dad entered the room and wanted to talk with my mother, he said the Lithuanian word for "Listen"--he never called her by name. One day I said to my mother, "I don't think Dad knows your name because he keeps calling you 'Listen'."

--hide--
hahahaha! laughing Lina, mine rarely called each other by their first name. It was "Hon" or "Mama" or "Dad" since many times it was in front of one of us~

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: hahahaha! Lina, mine rarely called each other by their first name. It was "Hon" or &quo...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

hahahaha! Lina, mine rarely called each other by their first name. It was "Hon" or "Mama" or "Dad" since many times it was in front of one of us~

--hide--
At least those were SOME sort of nice names between spouses, not a "Heads Up! What's for dinner?"

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Did I say they loved to dance? youtu.be (a little grainy but was a ...

(a little grainy but was a long time ago) In the background it's a little dark but you might see someone you recognize

--hide--

I loved the video. mom and dad dancing brought back memories of mine! Mine loved to dance and had their special song. They went out to dinner every Friday. My dad always winked at me when I watched them dance or give each other a hug or kiss. As if showing me what it means to have a good relationship.

Every aniversary, my dad would send my mom 11 roses and tell her she was the 12th. wink

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: My parents were from Lithuania, and spoke in their native language at home. I remember being aroun...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

02/20/2013 new
Well, my parents stayed together till death did them part. Married in July 1968, dad died of lung cancer in June 2001. Almost 33 years.
02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: I loved the video. mom and dad dancing brought back memories of mine! Mine loved to dan...
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

I loved the video. mom and dad dancing brought back memories of mine! Mine loved to dance and had their special song. They went out to dinner every Friday. My dad always winked at me when I watched them dance or give each other a hug or kiss. As if showing me what it means to have a good relationship.

Every aniversary, my dad would send my mom 11 roses and tell her she was the 12th.

--hide--
Aww...how sweet. When my Mom became sick I would take her a "single" rose every day. Okay....my Dad was being a show-off and may have given the appearance of being the better dancer...but my Mom was by FAR the better one of the two...She knew a wide- range of dances: Fox-trot, ballroom, Cha-cha, Samba, and plenty more. It's just that he liked the jitterbug better than her! ha!

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Did I say they loved to dance? youtu.be (a little grainy but was a ...

(a little grainy but was a long time ago) In the background it's a little dark but you might see someone you recognize

--hide--

faint Awwwww, there is something so heartwarming about seeing an older married couple dance well together. It's just beautiful. heart

I'm curious, how old were they, and how long had your parents been together when this was filmed? They are so completely in sync - I'd guess it would take years of practice to look that good together.

You're lucky to have this visual memory, Jerry. Treasure it, it's priceless! angel

Posts 1 - 10 of 75