Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Feb 20th 2013 new
Don't believe media reports. In the 1978 conclaves that elected John Paul I and John Paul II media speculation proved inaccurate.

It's likely going to be a surprise.
Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/249647/288/Could-Cardinal-OMalley-be-first-American-pope
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

www.todaysthv.com
I think hes got a good chance.

--hide--

I was kind of wondering that. The strange thing is I had a dream awhile back where Pope Benedict was in it and then later in the dream I saw the name of O'Malley on my computer screen with a bunch of other names and his name was the only one I focused on and remember seeing. Coinicidence? I don't know...

Feb 20th 2013 new

O'Malley would be a disaster. bostoncatholicinsider.wordpress.com

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Don't believe media reports. In the 1978 conclaves that elected John Paul I and John Paul II media sp...
(Quote) John-220051 said: Don't believe media reports. In the 1978 conclaves that elected John Paul I and John Paul II media speculation proved inaccurate.

It's likely going to be a surprise.
--hide--

I think it's going to be a surprise too. I pray it will be Llovera or Burke.

BTW, I think the next Pope will take the name Pius. Book me on that one, at least, so I'm logged as in on this round of "Cheat the Prophet."

Feb 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Steven-706921 said: I think it's going to be a surprise too. I pray it will be Llovera or Burke. ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

BTW, I think the next Pope will take the name Pius. Book me on that one, at least, so I'm logged as in on this round of "Cheat the Prophet."

--hide--

I was right that the man who would be elected after JP2 would take the name Benedict XVI based on my deduction of the underused papal names of the 20th century. So let you be right about this.

Say the next Pope picks Lando II. Then what? LOL.
Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/249647/288/Could-Cardinal-OMalley-be-first-American-pope
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

www.todaysthv.com
I think hes got a good chance.

--hide--

One of today's headlines on Drudge, is that Cardinal Dolan is the man.

And so the silly season continues.

I only make one prediction.

No matter who is elected, there will be one of more voices raised objecting to his election. Some will go so far as to say that there were irregularities. And without a doubt, the SSPX will continue to insist that the chair of Peter is vacant.

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: One of today's headlines on Drudge, is that Cardinal Dolan is the man. And so ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

One of today's headlines on Drudge, is that Cardinal Dolan is the man.

And so the silly season continues.

I only make one prediction.

No matter who is elected, there will be one of more voices raised objecting to his election. Some will go so far as to say that there were irregularities. And without a doubt, the SSPX will continue to insist that the chair of Peter is vacant.

--hide--

The SSPX aren't sedevacantists, AFAIK. I think you have them confused with the SSPV. en.wikipedia.org

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: I think it's going to be a surprise too. I pray it will be Llovera or Burke.
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

--hide--

I'll call my bookie and see what the line is on that name. It's probably bet down close to even money.

Feb 28th 2013 new

It will be nice if we get an American Pope.I think Sean OMalley of Boston has a good chance.

Posts 1 - 10 of 22