Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.

A first class relic of Saint Mary Magdalene will be exhibited on a tour of various parishes in the Chicago area.

Check out the website and plan a visit to a parish near you to venerate the relic of the first person to see Christ resurrected!

magdalenepublishing.org

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: A first class relic of Saint Mary Magdalene will be exhibited on a tour of various parishes in the Ch...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

A first class relic of Saint Mary Magdalene will be exhibited on a tour of various parishes in the Chicago area.

Check out the website and plan a visit to a parish near you to venerate the relic of the first person to see Christ resurrected!

magdalenepublishing.org

--hide--

Thank you so much for posting this, Patricia. May many blessings come to you (as otherwise I would have missed this). I will be going to 1 or 2 of the churches in Chicago for this amazing and wonderful event. (At confirmation, I took the name Mary after St. Mary Magdalene and am very interested in her. The link here also has information about the Society of Saint Mary Magdalene which is free to join.) The events at the Churches will include Candlelight processions, Masses, Litanies, Chaplets, Rosaries, and Spiritual Talks by the Dominican from France who is accompanying her relic (which is part of her tibia). What a wonderful chance for a totally spiritual day at any of a number of churches not just in Chicago, but also in Joliet, Springfield, Illinois and also in St. Louis, Missouri!

Feb 25th 2013 new

This is such an incredible opportunity for those who live in Chicago or the Chicago suburbs, Joliet, Springfield, and St. Louis to attend a profoundly spiritual day (and the website lists all the churches and all the details of times/events/addresses/phone numbers/etc.) to venerate the relic of St. Mary Magdalen.

And, you can join the Society of Saint Mary Magdalene for free (the info is on the website). I did 4 days ago, and already got their info and a lovely holy card in the mail today! Remember she was the woman that Christ was closest to, after his mother Mary (of course). She was the first person who saw Him after He was crucified when she saw Him outside the tomb after He rose from the dead and she was the one who took the news back to the Apostles. She loved Our Lord dearly and perhaps it might be good for us to get to know her better. Who knows what blessings may come into our lives! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to venerate this relic travelling here from France!

Feb 27th 2013 new

Pat, thanks for the link to the website!

http://magdalenepublishing.org

IT WILL ALSO BE IN ST. LOUIS ON THURSDAY, 3-21-21013

St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church
2618 South Brentwood Boulevard
Brentwood, Missouri 63144
(314) 961-8400

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-535618 said: Pat, thanks for the link to the website! http://magdalenepublishing.org...
(Quote) Cathy-535618 said:

Pat, thanks for the link to the website!

http://magdalenepublishing.org

IT WILL ALSO BE IN ST. LOUIS ON THURSDAY, 3-21-21013

St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church
2618 South Brentwood Boulevard
Brentwood, Missouri 63144
(314) 961-8400

--hide--

I will be going Wed., March 6 to St. Alphonsus Church on the near north side of Chicago. They didn't have the schedule up on the website, so I called them. The day starts with Mass at 8:30 AM and so I think the procession into Church may be a bit before that, and then there are events there literally all day! I would be interested to hear of anyone else's experiences after they go to this profoundly spiritual day. Hope you enjoy it, Cathy, and so wonderful that it is at St. Mary Magdalen Church!

Posts 1 - 5 of 5