Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

02/10/2013 new

Such a timely forum for me to be reading today. I have my first appointment next Saturday to get the process started. I found everyones responses to be very encouraging and so helpful!! Thank you and God Bless!!

02/10/2013 new
(Quote) Christina-933729 said: Meg This is my understanding: The Court of First Instance is the local tribunal in...
(Quote) Christina-933729 said:

Meg

This is my understanding: The Court of First Instance is the local tribunal in your residing (arch)diocese. According to Church Law, all affirmative decisions must be reviewed by a Court of Second Instance. The Court of Second Instance is the tribunal in a neighboring diocese and their decision is usually reached over a shorter amount of time (3 months in my case vs 10-11 months for my first affirmative decision).

My priest told me that the Court of Second Instance almost always agrees with the Court of First Instance's decision.

Hope that helps

God bless,
Christina

--hide--

Thank you, Christina!
02/15/2013 new
Hi Laura and everybody else in the forum. I live in Miami. I have been divorced for over two years. I am thinking a lot about annulment lately. Could anyone tell me What is the First Step in the process and how much it costs? Thank you, Mercy
02/15/2013 new
Hi Laura and everybody else in the forum. I live in Miami. I have been divorced for over two years. I am thinking a lot about annulment lately. Could anyone tell me What is the First Step in the process and how much it costs? Thank you, Mercy
02/15/2013 new

Hello Mercedes, the first step that you need to take is contact your parish. As far as cost goes you will need copies of your marriage licence and divorce decree.

02/15/2013 new

Laura, those are very natural emotions to feel. It would be unfortunate if we didn't grieve. It is a loss, good or bad. :hug

02/19/2013 new

Hello Tim,

Thank yo very much for your information. I was under the impression that many years ago the cost ranged from $400.00 to $500.00

at leats in my Archdiocese. That is what my sister in law paid for many years ago. Perhaps due to recession and bad economy,

the Church has caught up with the times. Lol.

Seriously, I hope that your info is correct, and up to date for all our states and Archdioceses.

If anybody in this forum is from Florida (Miami) and can add his/her input, it is very welcome.

I have not decided if I shold pursue an annullment at this time but it is a constant issue in my mind lately.

I am not involved /seeing or dating anybody at this time.

Thank you very much and good luck to all of you,

Mercy

PS. In case anybody is interested, Floridians CMs are planning a meet up. If interested, Visit their forum

02/19/2013 new

Mercedes, you are correct that the average cost of an annulment is between $400 and $500. It varies between dioceses.

02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Mercedes-627777 said: Hi Laura and everybody else in the forum. I live in Miami. I have been divorced for over two years. I...
(Quote) Mercedes-627777 said: Hi Laura and everybody else in the forum. I live in Miami. I have been divorced for over two years. I am thinking a lot about annulment lately. Could anyone tell me What is the First Step in the process and how much it costs? Thank you, Mercy
--hide--

Hi, Mercedes, wave
While the quoted 'average cost' of procuring an annulment is usually $400-$500; my understanding is that several factors come into consideration e.g. your diocese, your parish, your financial situation; thus, making the 'average' amount flexible. Your priest will be able to address your concerns.

God's blessing to you as you discern the annulment process. It took me a long time; not so much to discern, but to actually complete the paperwork. It is a consuming & daunting task. But, the emotional & spiritual rewards are soooo worth it!

God bless, theheart Praying
Christina

02/20/2013 new
Hi Christina, thank you very much for your input. Although I would like to get an annulment, I have to thread those steps very carefully because my ex is an a very abusive man. I do not fear him but I do fear my children's reaction. They are all very traumatized and scarred by the divorce, the brainwash and the desintegration of what it just to be a precious, devout family. I am the only one who has remained close to Our Lord after the divorce. My faith has to be stronger than ever. But you are right. I am going to schedule a meeting with my priest and ask for his guidance. Can you expand why do you say that the emotional and espiritual rewards have been so worth it for you? How do you feel afterwards? Any body else want to comment? Mercy
Posts 31 - 40 of 78