Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Trying to send someone an emote, I received the following message:

Criteria Mismatch: [name] must send you a message or add you as a favorite before you can send messages to him.

How/why does this happen? How is it that he/she could send me a message but I can't initiate contact? Where are these "criteria" set?

Totally confused here.....

02/21/2013 new

Is it someone much younger? In the past there was a block against sending messages to someone more than 50% younger, but I thought that was lifted.

02/21/2013 new

I don't know about 50%, but yes, it was someone younger.

02/22/2013 new

Never heard of this in all my years here....

02/25/2013 new

Just heard from a CM gal pal that she was contacted by someone 30+ years older without either having to make the other a favorite or anything else. What gives?

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Just heard from a CM gal pal that she was contacted by someone 30+ years older without either hav...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Just heard from a CM gal pal that she was contacted by someone 30+ years older without either having to make the other a favorite or anything else. What gives?

--hide--

How old is she and/or the man? The age difference is a percentage of the older member's age, not a fixed number of years, so 80->50 might work where 50->20 would not.

02/26/2013 new

That seems bizarre. Why shouldn't a person contact someone of another generation?
Sometimes I want to tell a younger forumite that I really like what they've posted.

03/25/2013 new

Okay, last week I was able to send messages to a number of people 30 years my junior without their having contacted me first. Today I cannot. Huh? scratchchin

03/25/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Okay, last week I was able to send messages to a number of people 30 years my junior without thei...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Okay, last week I was able to send messages to a number of people 30 years my junior without their having contacted me first. Today I cannot. Huh?

--hide--

The same people? As I understand it, their sex and whether they have contacted you first are both factors in the algorithm.

03/25/2013 new

But, WHY? Why is this necessary?

Posts 1 - 10 of 30