Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Awww....how nice Tracy. I can remember those cherished moments well. Btw, I very much enjoyed you...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Awww....how nice Tracy. I can remember those cherished moments well. Btw, I very much enjoyed your "home style" cooking at the cookoff; and that "Angel Food" cake was to die for! And enjoyed meeting you and many others! Hope you had a good time as well.

--hide--

Thank you, Jerry. We didn't get to visit much, did we? I was too caught up in euchre, then I had to get some sleep. Looks like I missed all of the karaoke fun! Maybe next time...probably need a glass of wine first!

I hope we all get together again soon.

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: good traits, habits, talents beliefs etc.....which you recall about your PARENTS? (funny traits are good too!)<...

good traits, habits, talents beliefs etc.....which you recall about your PARENTS? (funny traits are good too!)

I'll start off with my parents who would have us say the "Family Rosary" every evening when possible.

--hide--
My parents found a good balance with each other in responsibilities. They were a team and they count on each other to do their own part. For the most part they handled it well. They respected each other. With the respect came trust. They did fuss with each other but their fights were what I call fair fights. They didn't rant and rave on end. When they had an issue, the shared their concerns and upset, found solutions and move forward. There were times when I saw them willingly sacrifice something for the other. They didn't have to do it often because they were pretty much in sync with each other. From my perspective it didn't seem to be all one sided either. They were a good example over all.
Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Did I say they loved to dance? youtu.be (a little grainy but was a long time ag...

Did I say they loved to dance? youtu.be

(a little grainy but was a long time ago) In the background it's a little dark but you might see someone you recognize

--hide--
How wonderful! I loved dancing to this song wson a tith my Dad! He can't dance like this anymore! He and I won a dance contest when I was in High School... this song brings back so many memories! God bless your parents! Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and may Your perpetual light shine upon them and bring them peace.
Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: good traits, habits, talents beliefs etc.....which you recall about your PARENTS? (funny traits a...

good traits, habits, talents beliefs etc.....which you recall about your PARENTS? (funny traits are good too!)

I'll start off with my parents who would have us say the "Family Rosary" every evening when possible.

--hide--
My mother is a soft spoken woman, and she would not condone yelling out windows and yelling across the room to get someone's attention. angel

My father who was very strict, a man of a few words and who made you shake in your shoes/boots when in his presence was remarkably a happy person and first to cut a rug when we had family parties. laughing

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Did I say they loved to dance? youtu.be (a little grainy but was a ...

Did I say they loved to dance? youtu.be

(a little grainy but was a long time ago) In the background it's a little dark but you might see someone you recognize

--hide--
I can tell they loved to dance, Jerry. They look so cool. thumbsup God bless them.

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: How wonderful! I loved dancing to this song wson a tith my Dad! He can't dance like this anymore! ...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: How wonderful! I loved dancing to this song wson a tith my Dad! He can't dance like this anymore! He and I won a dance contest when I was in High School... this song brings back so many memories! God bless your parents! Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and may Your perpetual light shine upon them and bring them peace.
--hide--
Congrats on you and your Dad!

Yes...my parents were quite the dashing couple. (thanks for the prayer too Loretta)

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: My parents found a good balance with each other in responsibilities. They were a team and they count o...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: My parents found a good balance with each other in responsibilities. They were a team and they count on each other to do their own part. For the most part they handled it well. They respected each other. With the respect came trust. They did fuss with each other but their fights were what I call fair fights. They didn't rant and rave on end. When they had an issue, the shared their concerns and upset, found solutions and move forward. There were times when I saw them willingly sacrifice something for the other. They didn't have to do it often because they were pretty much in sync with each other. From my perspective it didn't seem to be all one sided either. They were a good example over all.
--hide--
I think mine were kind of like that too Loretta. And they abided by a rule my Father reiterated to me later. He said, "Never go to bed angry"

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: My mother is a soft spoken woman, and she would not condone yelling out windows and yelling acros...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

My mother is a soft spoken woman, and she would not condone yelling out windows and yelling across the room to get someone's attention.

My father who was very strict, a man of a few words and who made you shake in your shoes/boots when in his presence was remarkably a happy person and first to cut a rug when we had family parties.

--hide--
I would say my Dad was like that too. You never lied to him....or crossed him! I did that a couple of times....and paid for it royally! Plus my Dad had great moral character. He once took us youngsters to the drive-in theater. The movie began with "language" and was a first lesson in "wardrobe-malfunction" He calmly put the speaker back on the stand and returned us to the front gate where he demanded the money back.

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I would say my Dad was like that too. You never lied to him....or crossed him! I did that a coupl...

I would say my Dad was like that too. You never lied to him....or crossed him! I did that a couple of times....and paid for it royally! Plus my Dad had great moral character. He once took us youngsters to the drive-in theater. The movie began with "language" and was a first lesson in "wardrobe-malfunction" He calmly put the speaker back on the stand and returned us to the front gate where he demanded the money back.

--hide--
He did the right thing. The 70s movies were bad in that regard. Not so much today -- with the exception of a few.

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I think mine were kind of like that too Loretta. And they abided by a rule my Father reiterated to me later. He...

I think mine were kind of like that too Loretta. And they abided by a rule my Father reiterated to me later. He said, "Never go to bed angry"

--hide--
They might have gone to bed mad it the situation happened late at night but I dont think it lasted more than 24 hours.. They believed in resolution not letting things linger on and on
Posts 31 - 40 of 75