Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

So, I am new to Catholic Match, and new to an online dating in general. I was curious what you all considered a "long distance" relationship and driving distance? If I understand correctly I am assuming driving distance is less than a days drive? This is very vague to me and I was just curious what others thought about this?

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Clarissa-945304 said: So, I am new to Catholic Match, and new to an online dating in general. I was curious what you all considere...
(Quote) Clarissa-945304 said:

So, I am new to Catholic Match, and new to an online dating in general. I was curious what you all considered a "long distance" relationship and driving distance? If I understand correctly I am assuming driving distance is less than a days drive? This is very vague to me and I was just curious what others thought about this?

--hide--
Hi Clarrissa! Welcome to the forums. I agree that with in driving distance is a bit vague. If I had to hazard a guess, I would also take it to mean within a days drive. Maybe even within 8 hours. I don't have this limitation however
Feb 21st 2013 new

Clarissa,

Hello fellow Texan and welcome to the forums. You are wise to participate in the forums either initiating a thread or participating in the forums. There is also a chat feature available in the evenings, blogs and other resources. The forums are a great way of making your presence felt.

Regarding your thread - Clarissa, you will get as many different answers as people responding. Some consider long distance travelling outside of their zip code. laughing Seriously, I would venture anything taking up to a half day in travel (one way) driving distance while more than a day long distance. Remember, travelling in Texas is so much different than in other states. For example, from Houston to El Paso is about 8 hours driving time and once there you are in another time zone and still not out of Texas. Outside of Texas, one could drive through several states in that time. So, it is all relative to the individual.

I pray your journey is a complete success. You will meet some great people on this site.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Feb 21st 2013 new

I think driving distance is less than 8 hours (and for some it might be alot less than 8 hours), and anything more is long distance.

So about 500 miles I think is most people's limit if they want someone within driving distance.

Feb 21st 2013 new

I would consider driving distance around 8 hours as well.... or something that you wouldn't mind driving to and only spending a few days. I honestly would consider a long distance relationship anything over 2-3 hours away. I am originally from the east coast and wouldn't drive the 11 hours on a regular basis just to go for the weekend. That's just my opinion though. However, there are many people that will barely drive 2 hours and consider anything over an hour as long distance. I would love to find a guy that is only 2 hours away; most that interest me are at least 3. :( It's all a matter of perception and what you consider long distance.... I personally am keeping an open mind b/c I am applying to schools right now for my next degree so only Lord knows where we are going to end.

Feb 21st 2013 new

Thank you! Good advice!

Feb 21st 2013 new

Thank you!

Feb 21st 2013 new

Thank you!

Feb 21st 2013 new

Well I think you're on the right track but for me if I drive due East for 8 hours I would be in the drink. LOL! Welcome and you'll find that there are many fine and interesting people here! :)

(Quote) Clarissa-945304 said: So, I am new to Catholic Match, and new to an online dating in general. I was curious what you...
(Quote) Clarissa-945304 said:

--hide--

Feb 21st 2013 new

[quote]Heather-705104 said:

I would consider driving distance around 8 hours as well.... or something that you wouldn't mind driving to and only spending a few days. I honestly would consider a long distance relationship anything over 2-3 hours away. I am originally from the east coast and wouldn't drive the 11 hours on a regular basis just to go for the weekend. That's just my opinion though.

I agree with you long distance for me, is when you cannot go home after a date

Posts 1 - 10 of 17