Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

wave Hello, everyone!

It is with great sadness that I must say au revoir to my dearly departed Columbus Blue Jackets. ESPN the Magazine has rated the Jackets dead last as the team least likely to EVER win a championship in their fans' lifetimes...not just in the NHL, but across ALL four major sports leagues. eyepopping

I've been a fan since the team appeared on the scene over ten years ago, but I have moved away from Columbus over the last few years, and there's really nothing anymore to tie me to Jackets. In addition, team ownership/management has decided not to field a competitive team for some reason. The last straw was when they traded Rick Nash (the ONLY good player we've ever had in Columbus) to New York for some used hockey sticks and a bag of pucks. irked

Since I'd like to at least have a prayer of my team actually winning Lord Stanley's Cup at some point in my lifetime, I need to choose a real team to root for. Being as I now live in northern Florida, the natural choice would be the closest team -- the Tampa Bay Lightning. They have an exciting core of players including Stamkos, St. Louis, Lindback, and Conacher.

However, I thought I'd throw it out to you, my CM brethren, to see if I'm missing a better long-term choice. Now, the team doesn't have to be on the precipice of a championship this season. I'd settle for just having a realistic chance of winning the Cup in my lifetime.

OK, have at it guys and gals! What team should I pick now that I've freed myself of the Columbus anchor? Where is ownership actually commited to winning? Where is the best young core of players? Convice me!

God Bless,
Steve Ice Skating surfing

02/21/2013 new
Hawks can be rooted from afar.
02/21/2013 new
The welcome mat is out for you in Hockeytown. The Red Wings have made the playoffs 20 consecutive seasons and in that span have won the big prize four times. While we may or may not continue the streak this season, you don't get results like that without a commitment to winning. wave
02/21/2013 new

One of the original six teams is always a safe bet - faithful fans, a few star players at least ever few years, nice uniforms, and long histories that include a tradition of winning (or at least trying to win). They're sort of classic and never go out of style, kind of like Coca-Cola, Levi's jeans or black pants. smile Ice Skating

02/21/2013 new

Have a look at the Edmonton Oilers. The youngest team in the NHL, lots of talent and excitement.

02/21/2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The welcome mat is out for you in Hockeytown. The Red Wings have made the playoffs 20 consecutive seasons...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The welcome mat is out for you in Hockeytown. The Red Wings have made the playoffs 20 consecutive seasons and in that span have won the big prize four times. While we may or may not continue the streak this season, you don't get results like that without a commitment to winning.
--hide--

(couldn't do this earlier because I was on my iPad)

02/21/2013 new

The Chicago Blackhawks should be your choice. A core of young veterans (Kane, Toews) along with several rookies (Saad, Shaw, Krueger, Hjalmarrson) that show a lot of promise and are learning from the best veterans around (Seabrook, Keith, Hossa, Sharp). A super fan base all over the USA and a new management team dedicated to keeping that fan base happy. Couple that with being an original 6 team, and on the verge of setting the record for most consecutive games without a regulation loss, you need not look any further! smile

02/22/2013 new

Chicago BlackHawks Ice Skating Ice Skating Ice Skating

02/24/2013 new

the natural choice would be the closest team -- the Tampa Bay Lightning. They have an exciting core of players including Stamkos, St. Louis, Lindback, and Conacher.

I vote to stay local.... GO LIGHTNING!! biggrin

02/25/2013 new

As me being from Hockey Town, I'd say Pick Detroit. I do however have a friend that I went to school with that plays for Carolina and they would be my 2nd choice biggrin

Posts 1 - 10 of 37