Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Maggie-918313 said: Also consider the chat function itself. It takes 90 minutes for a person to appear "offline...
(Quote) Maggie-918313 said:

Also consider the chat function itself. It takes 90 minutes for a person to appear "offline" when they close the browser or move on to a different site, unless the manually log out.

It could look/feel like your request is being ignored.

The chat function is also not the most reliable thing on this site. Pretty buggy, technically speaking.

I'd go with messaging or emoting first.

--hide--

I didn't know that. That explains why someone wondered why I didn't accept the chat request. It must have appeared as if I was online.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: How would you feel if a guy you've previously had to contact with on this site started using the c...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: How would you feel if a guy you've previously had to contact with on this site started using the chat feature to talk to you when you're online? Should there have been some communication already? Would chatting right away make you feel uncomfortable and make him look like a creeper? Haha I've never chatted first thing before but it dawned on me tonight that it might be a bit more natural to start communicating by actually having a conversation with someone rather than trying to write out a message first. Thoughts?
--hide--

If happened to me and I didnt think anything bad. The only thing I turned to his profile to have an idea of who wanted to talk to me! I guess if you are at a store you just talk and cant turn to a profile but also the picture is so small that I wanted a bigger picture! I guess go with your guts.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

Hi,
If he wanted to chat online, I prefer chatting on the phone. Chatting online is too "high school" forme. But that's just me. Good luck to you!
Elizabth

Feb 22nd 2013 new
chatting is not a function from an iPad (at least not to my skill set), although sending an invite to chat provides an option to respond yes, no, later or ignore. But if you appear on line for 90 minutes after signed off might be perceived as a rejection. If that occurs, then maybe a message.
Feb 22nd 2013 new

Personally, I think it's fine. I've used this feature before and as others have mentioned as long as the conversation doesn't jump into the realm of creepy you're good. Sometimes it's kind of a nice way to start talking to someone prior to phone conversations. Kind of a jump start.

Mar 4th 2013 new

I think it's ok to take a chance and try to chat.

Mar 8th 2013 new

I actually am okay with that. I find the chat feature a little less awkward as I find a conversation can flow a little more easily.

Mar 8th 2013 new

Hello, weighing in- My golden rule is:
- View profile

- If you see something interesting, send an emotigram commenting on it or just say "Hey, would you like to chat sometime?"

I feel weird when people send me a chat and I know they haven't even viewed my profile completely. I mean, how do you find something to discuss with someone otherwise?

Mar 15th 2013 new

Yeah, I think it would be best if a man contacted me through an emotigram or message first before they tried to start chatting with me. It wouldn't be terrible if they went right to chat, but it would be a little less weird. biggrin

Mar 27th 2013 new

I don't care either way, in fact I'm guilty of chatting random guys just because I saw they were online when I happened across their profile. I don't think its creepy- maybe they did..? But then, I'm a more casual sort of person. I don't view every 'hi' as my future mate.

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: How would you feel if a guy you've previously had to contact with on this site started using the c...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: How would you feel if a guy you've previously had to contact with on this site started using the chat feature to talk to you when you're online? Should there have been some communication already? Would chatting right away make you feel uncomfortable and make him look like a creeper? Haha I've never chatted first thing before but it dawned on me tonight that it might be a bit more natural to start communicating by actually having a conversation with someone rather than trying to write out a message first. Thoughts?
--hide--

Posts 21 - 30 of 30