Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Helen-450889 said: Homemade ch...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Helen-450889 said: Homemade chicken quesadilla!!

I boiled a chicken breast. Shredded it using 2 forks. Put shredded colby/jack cheese, chicken and generous amount of green onions (green portion) on half the tortilla. Fold over and heat on medium high heat until a little crunchy. Turn over and repeat.

I garnished it with Herdez salsa casera, and a mashed avocado with a tiny bit of garlic salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Pinto beans on side. Yummy!!

I love Herdez.

And, I think of you every time that I use Herdez salsas!!
--hide--

Helen- THAT IS SO SWEET! THANK YOU!

01/31/2013 new

Garlic Studded Pork Oven Pot Roast- Yum Yum

02/21/2013 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Helen-450889 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote)
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Helen-450889 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Helen-450889 said: Homemade chicken quesadilla!!

I boiled a chicken breast. Shredded it using 2 forks. Put shredded colby/jack cheese, chicken and generous amount of green onions (green portion) on half the tortilla. Fold over and heat on medium high heat until a little crunchy. Turn over and repeat.

I garnished it with Herdez salsa casera, and a mashed avocado with a tiny bit of garlic salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Pinto beans on side. Yummy!!

I love Herdez.

And, I think of you every time that I use Herdez salsas!!

Helen- THAT IS SO SWEET! THANK YOU!

--hide--

Just opened a can of Herdez...it has a lot of salt in it! 11%
02/21/2013 new
Chilequiles: www.google.com

I used Herdez Salsa Casera instead of chipotle.
02/21/2013 new

It was a bacon & eggs night for us, LOL! Creative, I know laughing

02/21/2013 new

chicken drizzled in vegetable oil rolled in plain corn flakes and lemon pepper, baked..and a good crisp salad with snaps pees! faint

02/22/2013 new
[quote]Michael-76823 said:

Not so good, but at least I gave it the good ol' college try. I've been craving some Louisiana Gumbo, ever since a visit this past summer. I found an easy looking recipe online, and made a couple of substitutions. Oh, there was the onion/celery/green pepper choppings in melted butter with a little flour (had to try this twice, burnt the flour really bad the first time ). Added some minced garlic, a can of diced tomatoes, it called for a can of condensed chicken broth for which I substituted condensed chicken with rice soup (since rice had to go in sooner or later), some New Orleans sausage pieces, Louisiana Cajun seasoning, dried thyme, and at the very end, some small salad shrimps (didn't want to pay for the larger deveined shrimp). Self served it over some Uncle Ben's rice

Anyway, it was an ok supper for this Scandinavian of the Upper Midwest (the LA Cajun seasoning was a bit of a stretch, as up here we only recognize three seasonings: salt, pepper, ketchup). It could have used more tomato juice or something to make it more tomatoey, however... I guess I'll just have to find another excuse to visit Natchitoches, LA

I think once you have had the real stuff recreating is a challenge. Tonight -- peppers and eggs. A Lenten Friday special.
02/22/2013 new
[quote]Michael-76823 said:

Not so good, but at least I gave it the good ol' college try. I've been craving some Louisiana Gumbo, ever since a visit this past summer. I found an easy looking recipe online, and made a couple of substitutions. Oh, there was the onion/celery/green pepper choppings in melted butter with a little flour (had to try this twice, burnt the flour really bad the first time ). Added some minced garlic, a can of diced tomatoes, it called for a can of condensed chicken broth for which I substituted condensed chicken with rice soup (since rice had to go in sooner or later), some New Orleans sausage pieces, Louisiana Cajun seasoning, dried thyme, and at the very end, some small salad shrimps (didn't want to pay for the larger deveined shrimp). Self served it over some Uncle Ben's rice

Anyway, it was an ok supper for this Scandinavian of the Upper Midwest (the LA Cajun seasoning was a bit of a stretch, as up here we only recognize three seasonings: salt, pepper, ketchup). It could have used more tomato juice or something to make it more tomatoey, however... I guess I'll just have to find another excuse to visit Natchitoches, LA

I think once you have had the real stuff recreating is a challenge. Tonight -- peppers and eggs. A Lenten Friday special.
02/22/2013 new
Homemade tuna noodle casserole with pimientos in it. Green beans on the side!
02/28/2013 new

lasagne made just right..not too heavy, with garlic bread, warm right out of the oven,butter melting right in, crisp salad with ranch dressing, some cool chianti, and cookie dough ice cream for desert. Chef

Posts 171 - 180 of 200